Freds truck drags sacramento ca

big jake

just a heads up that the

7TH ANNUAL FREDS TRUCK DRAGS

are coming back to

www.sacramentoraceway.com

on Sunday October 21

Fred Owen is a great old guy (must be about 75 years old by now) who rents out the track for the day and invites all to come out and have a great time and run what you brung. You will see him cruising around the track in either his vintage metallic blue Studebaker pickup on on the golf cart. This is a very family friendly event.

For more info check out Freds website

www.fredstruckdrags.com

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

:ft::ft::st::st:*nx**nx*:tree::tree:

I think I may make it out for this. I have the urge to try and get kicked out for no cage

Would be nice to have it on saturday. Why is it always on sunday? It really sucks driving 6 hour home after a day of racing in the heat.

That definetly suck it's on Sunday. Especially when racing doesn't start till 1pm.

Truck won't be ready, but i can come down and watch this one.

I will be there as well but my teuck wont be ready so i will cruise up in my 2012 duallie

sent from my galaxy s3

What else do you have to do? My god that thing should be more than ready by now. Let her eat!!

If I can get the transfer case taken off and seal between it and the transmission so it quits loosing fluid there(remember the 23 to 29 spline coupler I made) I'm going to Redding on the 22nd to try and get the rings seated by making a couple of passes. It's a slippery track so if i launch easy I should be ok and not break anything. Tranny has zero runs on it so it should be ok for a run or 2 at Sacramento. Two's the limit though.

Sounds like a plan. Cant wait to see it run. Sounds like your going to have your hands full.

Dont forget to tie the tv lever back this time. Dont want to have another trans problem due to that issue.

I have to claim ignorance on that one. The first time I heard anything about it was when Dave G. told me to do that from now on when I'm going to push it hard. One of those little tidbits of info i wish I'd known before hand.:hehe:

Im pretty sure we talked about that quite some time ago. Remember the breakover tv lever i designed? It was designed for street use with full tv pressure and not limit full thottle movement. Remember street use is different from race. Full tv for race. Hell what do i know. Im from a little pho dunk town. ;) Well at least it wont happen again. Let her eat Ron!!

Last edited:
Im pretty sure we talked about that quite some time ago. Remember the breakover tv lever i designed? It was designed for street use with full tv pressure and not limit full thottle movement. Remember street use is different from race. Full tv for race. Hell what do i know. Im from a little pho dunk town. ;) Well at least it wont happen again. Let her eat Ron!!

That's right. I remember you saying you had made something like that for your truck. I guess I should keep up with current events. Did you ever make any more of them? PM me if you want.

RonA

I'm going to try and make it...going to hit it with the big shot unless I blow it up before then.:Cheer:

I may have one of those fandangled things floating around if you want it back...

Back