fresh outta ideas

no luck i got one or two more things i wanna try before i start pump shopping, but i know whats gonna happen if i go pump shopping i will turn this truck into a full time puller. anyways thanks for all the ideas so far and i've honsetly tried them all, but as i said no luck.

so you tried taking the overflow out and pumping the primer untill fuel comes out? Then put the overflow back on and leave it loose and pump it again untill it pees out, then tighten it back up while you continue pumping the primer. That's why i left the FASS hooked up. Priming is easy with it.

You can also pull the dv's out and move the throttle to see if the plungers are rotating. Turn the engine over by hand and see if the plungers move up and down as well.

If you have fuel to the back three injectors, tighten the lines and see if it'll fire off those cylinders. It should. If it does then keep after it and it'll eventually start.

It helped me when I was priming mine to crack the banjo bolt where the return line goes back into the fuel filter. Not sure of you're supposed to do that or not but I got a ton of air out of there after I already had fuel out of the ofv. My Larry b ofv never squeals however.

Unhook the grids and run it with either and hold the pump at wot and if you really do have fuel at three cylinders there's no reason it shouldn't start firing and start.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i took the ofv out and pump for an hour and nothing

So now take the fuel line off at the pump and push the primer and see if fuel comes out. If it doesn't, check on the other side of the pump. If nothing there go to the filter, then the tank. It would be a shame to find out you are out of fuel.

Last edited:
So now take the fuel line off at the pump and push the primer and see if fuel comes out. If it doesn't, check on the other side of the pump. If nothing there go to the filter, then the tank. It would be a shame to find out you are out of fuel.
And funny as hell.

got fuel at the pump i must have something inside the pump bc ive taken the banjo bolt out of the inlet to the pump and fuel was rollin out of that side going into the pump. and i put a half a tank of fuel in it since this started.

thinking this the whole time
I pulled my pump the other day to change my tappet cover. Went to start it , fought with it for a couple hours with ether and cracking lines. Thinking it was the cold weather. Then fnally realized I pinched the fuel line going to the p7100 and never undid it. I laughed my ass off thinking of this thread.

If you have an air compessor and a ball valve to hook up to the air hose, you can prime the fuel system with compressed air instead of pumping yourself to death. Take a rag and rap it around the end of the ball valve and stick it into the filler neck of the tank. Use the rag to form a seal. Have a friend hold that to the filler neck and slowly open the ball valve. The air you put into the tank will force the fuel to the pump. Crack the OFV agian and wait for the fuel to come out of the pump while your friend is putting air into the fuel tank.

took shop air (since i finally got another job working at a dealership) and push fuel from tank to pump got to start then it started sucking air so i replace the line form the heater to the lift pump. i found some cracks in the line when i pulled the line straight. replaced the line still sucked air. so i ran a hose from a jug filled with diesel to check lift pump and there she blows a new lift pump trashed. somehow it was sucking air, but the thing about it, it would still build some pressure and vaccum weird.
ordered new one under warrenty got installed pump it started now sounds like there may be a stuck plunger but i'm not sure yet. anyways thanks for all the help guys i really appreciated it.

Last edited:
Holy shlt it's a month later and you're still fvcking with the shlt! I'd have burnt it down! LOL

trust me it came close lol, but you know how that stuff goes man you put money into it you want it to work

now i wanna go thru the trans since i have the truck at work now. it doesn't need to be gone thru, but i figure i didn't do the rebuild on it myself so i don't know what's all inside it. i do know that it has an aftermarket vb and i installed a single disk low stall tq when i put the truck back together.

Back