Front axle/ warranty question

cumminspuller

diesel junky
Guys I have a problem well actually its my dads problem. He just bought a late 07 3500 single wheel 4wd. Had 62k mi. on it when he got it. It had a vibration in it when he bought it. He thought it was the tires. It had a off brand tire that was worn out on it. (stock size) He put a brand new set of Bridgstones on it. That helped a little bit. Its got 68k on it now. About a week ago it started progressivly getting worse and felt like it was coming fromst to look around some and noticed a noise when I grabbed the front drive shaft. Found the vibration. The front pinion nut was loose. Well I thought to myself Its an 07 model truck with 68k miles on it why would this not be under warranty? Well called the dealer and was informed that this was not under warranty. The only things left uder warranty are the engine, paint and emission crap. I knkow I shouldn't be surprised by this coming from Dodge but still. Thats about sorry in my opinion. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them as far as the front axle problem goes?

Sorry for the long post. Had to vent a little bit on this. Thanks

Chris

Basic drivetrain warranty is 3years/36,000miles so unless the original owner purchased extended warranty you're out of luck.

Yea thats what I was told by the dealer when I called them. I thought it was a 100k powertrain drivetrain warranty.

Yea thats what I was told by the dealer when I called them. I thought it was a 100k powertrain drivetrain warranty.

Depending on the year, chrysler went through several promotions, 7/70, lifetime, 7/100 I think etc.

Depending on the year, chrysler went through several promotions, 7/70, lifetime, 7/100 I think etc.

You know what the real shame of it all is...when I bought my '04 3500 in Dec. of '04 they were giving away a 7/100 full drivetrain warranty...one and a half years later at 42K mile I pulled the 48RE and had it completely rebuilt with all billet shafts, I also studded the head and threw twin chargers on it. Prior to that I had put a TST-PowermaxCR on it at around 25k. Talk about a waste of perfectly good warranty! LOL

That is what I was thinking. I wast think of the 7/100 I think. I know of 04 model trucks that had it. I know of a 07.5 that just had a trans replaced in it and the guy told me himself that he didn't buy any extended warranty. The dealer may have just felt sorry for the guy or something i don't know. I guess I assumed that a truck that is only 4 years old would have a warranty.

Back