front brake caliper issue

mtboggs

I replaced both of the front calipers on my 96 because one had a stuck piston on it, also put new pads on too and anti seized the crap out of them making sure I didn't get any on the rotors or pads. All said and done it still pulls the left bad so I figured I still had an air bubble in it, so I bled the crap out of them and i'm getting nothing but fluid out of the calipers and it still pulls to the left bad. Am I overlooking something? Any ideas?

Check the rear brakes. I had one side having problem that made it to pull to one side.

I had a steel bracket on a front brake hose causing problems. The bracket starts rusting and squeezes the hose tight. To determine if this was the problem, I carefully used a cutoff wheel and removed the bracket. After a string drive, brakes were working fine. I ordered a new hose and installed.

Hoses collapsing are common problems. Just swap them out to eliminate a concern area.

X2 on hoses. They can get rust in them and act like a check valve of sorts causing a hanging caliper as well. Always replace hoses with calipers.

Thanks for all the help, I probably wouldn't have ever thought about the steel holders.

Back