Front end facelift

JFlagg

Gun for Hire
I'm slowly working on removing all chrome and bling from my truck. First it was the wheels and now the front bumper. I sandblasted both and had a friend powdercoat the aluminum Centerline's black and paint the bumper the same color as the body. I sanded and painted the bumper plastics black this week and finally got them on... The grill is being worked on as you read this. It will be black also. What do you guys think?

I think I am getting the lower half of the body and bed spray lined black this winter...
DSCF3603.jpg

DSCF3605.jpg

DSCF3607.jpg

Dont Rhino line it. Black out the grill. Remove the bug shields above the headlights and get some Black headlights and smoke your cab lights with some nightshade.

Looking good!

looks good i want to line x my rockers too cuz of the rockchips and the night shades pait works great too here is mine done with the night shades paint rear tail lights and fog lights
PA250271.jpg
PA250275.jpg
PA250274.jpg

The grill is blacked out already. The other option I have for the body is a vinyl wrap my buddy has designed and wants to make for me. He works at a reputable body shop and does custom work on race boats and dragsters, etc... so his work is quality. My only reservation about that is my rollpan fitment is mediocre and I have alot of little dings and rock chips in the the lower half of the body I would like to cover up. Sprayliner would solve all that while the vinyl wrap would cover everything but the rollpan. This is what the wrap would look like... what do you think?

truck-final.jpg

Now remember, my truck has smaller tires and black wheels though, lol.

The grill is blacked out already. The other option I have for the body is a vinyl wrap my buddy has designed and wants to make for me. He works at a reputable body shop and does custom work on race boats and dragsters, etc... so his work is quality. My only reservation about that is my rollpan fitment is mediocre and I have alot of little dings and rock chips in the the lower half of the body I would like to cover up. Sprayliner would solve all that while the vinyl wrap would cover everything but the rollpan. This is what the wrap would look like... what do you think?

truck-final.jpg

Now remember, my truck has smaller tires and black wheels though, lol.
i would spray it before graphics

JFLAGG = Where did you get those sidesteps? Those are awesome and have never seen those before.

I'm slowly working on removing all chrome and bling from my truck. First it was the wheels and now the front bumper. I sandblasted both and had a friend powdercoat the aluminum Centerline's black and paint the bumper the same color as the body. I sanded and painted the bumper plastics black this week and finally got them on... The grill is being worked on as you read this. It will be black also. What do you guys think?

I think I am getting the lower half of the body and bed spray lined black this winter...
DSCF3603.jpg

DSCF3605.jpg

DSCF3607.jpg

Is it easy to get the grill off with out destroying it?

Is it easy to get the grill off with out destroying it?

Yeah, there are just a few 8mm nuts holding it on. You have to take the whole frame with it though, I put it back on so I could latch the hood though. To many sticky fingers in my neighborhood. :(

JFLAGG = Where did you get those sidesteps? Those are awesome and have never seen those before.

I actually made those back in college... I was taking some night classes in pipe welding and metal fabrication.

I would spray it before graphics also but maybe see how much it would be to fix the chips and scratches at a body shop?

I would spray it before graphics also but maybe see how much it would be to fix the chips and scratches at a body shop?

I asked about doing both, but I was told the graffics don't stick to the liner as well as he would like... Some of the dings I think we can take care of without needed any paint work. 2-3 are from people banging it with doors in parking lots.(white Escalade in NC got caught in the act, we squared up though ;) )

The graffics actually were just an after thought, I've always wanted to do the sprayliner since I had the truck. This paint sure doesn't hold up as well as it did 20 yrs ago :(

How much have u quoted for gettin it sprayed I got told $250 but I have heard some of my buddies paid $500

How much have u quoted for gettin it sprayed I got told $250 but I have heard some of my buddies paid $500

I was told $250 by one shop, my buddy hasn't given me a price though. Rhino and LineX both told me $800 :umno:

Got the grill painted and back on... I think it looks good :D
DSCF3615.jpg

DSCF3617.jpg

DSCF3620.jpg

I even got rid of that goofy ram emblem... I know, I know, its shiny. So shoot me, I think it goes good with the black :D Though, I might still paint over it so its more subdued ;)

A paint tint paint u can get it o riellys the one in our town keeps it in stock. Its
VHT nightshades paint. Tint in a spray can

Yep. Alot of guys use it to smoke their own tailights/cablights and such.

Back