Front End Pop

gearhart73

The truck is a 2010 2500, 4wd, reverse leveled, 33in tires, and it has 92,xxx miles on it.
Last night when I went to head home a noticed a pop when I was turning around in the drive way but did think much of it. Today it did it again so I paid more attention to it. It only does it when the truck is bound, as in, steering when the truck isn't moving or cornering at a higher rate of speed. I checked the all the joints and they seem to be good. It will only pop turning one direction and it does it when the wheels are almost straight forward. When it does pop the wheel is in the same place every time and you can feel it through the wheel as well as see the tires jump a little. I'm thinking it is something in the steering box itself. Has anyone else had this problem? Any other input on what it could be?

All the bars seem tight. It didn't pop yesterday morning but last night it had a slight pop back in it.

Another vote for the track bar here. And if you do end up replacing it, dont go with a factory one. I suggest a Thuren or Carli upgrade. They are pricey, but are well worth the money.

I'll check it again this afternoon. I might just end up getting a better one anyway and see what it does.

Put someone in the drivers seat with the truck off but key on. Get under the truck and watch the track bar while they jerk the wheel back and fourth.

Put someone in the drivers seat with the truck off but key on. Get under the truck and watch the track bar while they jerk the wheel back and fourth.

Mine was doing the same thing. The Track bar BARELY moved. Bought new bushing for it anyway as they are cheap and pulled it off, both the bushings were shot and they took care of my "Pop".

I would recommend you buy a upgraded one as well if you can otherwise the rebuild kit/ new bushings for yours is easy to install and not spendy.

Yeah I finally had someone to help me tonight so I had them get behind the wheel as I looked under it. The track bar would move about an 1/16-1/8 an inch. I tightened it about a flat and it seems to have stopped it but I'm going to order an upgraded one anyway.
Thanks for the help guys.

Back