FS: 2001 GMC 2.6 Pulling Truck

SmokeShow

I'm posting this for a friend, Mike Gay. He's decided to get out of truck pulling (bought a supercharged Z06 'Vette :woott: ) so he's wanting to sell the Green Sting.

Truck:
2001 GMC 3500 CC DRW 4x4
Dark Green paint with "real flames" on the front fenders
Paint is in pretty good shape
All decals are stickers and can be removed
windows are tinted
clean title in hand
no tail gate
custom vinyl tonneau cover

Interior:
Power Windows & Locks
switch panel in dash for fans, water pump & fuel pump.
(2) race seats
no HVAC (incl. controls), rear seats, carpet, radio

Chassis:
Welded front spiders
Klikkel 38 spline axles & spool in the rear
traction bars going towards front of truck and rear
adjustable hitch with regulation sized hook opening
rear kill switch
Posi Lock manual operated front actuator to lock in front for 4wd
fairly new front axles
Steel 1-piece rear drive shaft with large u-joints (I can't remember if they are 1480s or 15-somethings - I'll verify ASAP)
HD rear yoke for large u-joints
u-joint shields
drive shaft loops
bump stops
rear sled bumpers

Wheels & Tires:
Black steel wheels w/ reg. wheels up front & duals in rear
(6) 33x12.50 Interco STS (pre-shutdown) tires with no street miles and very few hooks. Leading edges still sharp and still has the manufacturing "whiskers"
2.5" steel spacers in the rear

Transmission:
fully built transmission
billet input & output shafts
Precision converter w/ 3500 rpm stall.
HD yoke w/ larger u-joints - same size as rear yoke u-joint
Torque Convertor lock & unlock switch

Engine:
Fresh LB7 block & crank magnafluxed to check quality - all good.
bored 40-over & mains were align honed
Crower Rods
SoCal 40-over Mahle pistons w/ valve reliefs
Clevite H-series bearings
ARP Head & Main Studs
SoCal Stage II Heads
"B" Head Gaskets
Big TTS cam
A/C delete
SoCal Harmonic Balancer
Rotating assembly fully balanced
Machine work & balance done by Butch Smith @ Smith Racing Engines in Frankfort, KY. He has a very good reputation for building high-quality engines and this was not his first duramax. :thumb:

Fuel:
PPE Dual CP3 - 1 LBZ & 1 LMM CP3. Both stock.
Ported Fuel Rails
FASS 250 pump & filters
stock fuel filter deleted
100-over Exergy Injectors - flowed & balanced
5 gal fuel cell in bed

Turbo:
Engineered Diesel 2.6 turbo - billet compressor wheel, custom compressor cover, T6 exhaust housing, meets 1/8" protrusion rule
New RDL pedestal & up pipes
5" exhaust to 6" hood stack

Tuning:
TTS locked ECM
Custom Tuned unlocked ECM
Custom Tuned TCM

Misc.:
stock & BD driver's side manifold
PWR A/W Intercooler - ice cooler mounted in cab behind driver's seat, rated for 1500cfm
3" intercooler tubes
Engineered Diesel Air Kill
Velocity stack intake
Flex-a-lite electric cooling fans
front weight rack
weight rack in bed

Extras:
5" bed stack setup for indoor pulls
(2) spare front differentials (complete pumpkin w/ guts)
stock rear axles
multiple sets of R&Ps for the front & rear - 3.73, 4.10, 4.56 & 5.13
extra set of wheels & tires - (6) 285/75R16 Courser CT tires mounted on black steel wheels

Here's the deal, the engine is currently out of the truck because it was rebuilt after eating some main bearings last year. It's currently a short block with everything there to fully put it back together. He will fully assemble with an agreed-upon deposit for the truck.

This truck should run extremely well when put back together & dyno-tuned.

Going to start out attempting to sell complete. If that doesn't happen in a few weeks, he will certainly part it out.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things (I've already got a list of things I've thought of to ask him just typing this up :D ) and I know I'm about to get hounded to death for pictures (I'm working on getting a bunch) but ask away and I'll either answer if I know or get the answer if I don't. I will NOT be doing any negotiating on prices. That will be between the buyer and Mike. I don't mind being the initial "go-between" on questions about the truck and such but once the conversation gets more serious about purchasing, I'll turn it over solely to Mike. :thumb:

Asking price, turn-key is $23,000 OR BEST OFFER

PM me for Mike's contact information if you want to speak directly with him about things and skip me all together. :angel:

Mitch post his phone number or email or your inbox is gonna stay full LOL

Yeah, I'm going to try and get over and take some pics this weekend. It gets dark by the time I get off work so I can't get them during the week. I'm planning to get some this weekend though. Bare with me please.

Danny, did you get ahold of Mike?

HERE is a video in the day light a couple years ago. It gives an idea of what the truck looks like. The image on the door and flames are air brushed. Everything else is stickers. It's got different stickers on back glass and sides etc. but you get the idea. I *think* it's still got the bed stack in it, the hood stack is new and never installed yet IIRC.

Back