Fuel Cooling

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Is there a point where fuel would be too cold? Fuel coolers on stock trucks(duramax at least) are small and tucked away, so that worries me that you could go too far with it? Maybe I am also off track thinking cold fuel would be beneficial, but its been on my mind; figured this was the place to ask. There are fuel temp limiters on duramax's but they only limit when fuel is smoking hot, not cold. Any info is appreciated.

I have ditched the factory fuel heater/water separator/filter...
I am running a rather large fuel cooler...and my truck never sees winter.

But is it worthwhile as far as performance? And is there a point where it is too cold and will hurt.

But is it worthwhile as far as performance? And is there a point where it is too cold and will hurt.

Never to cold..... Unless it's gelled.

Worthwhile.... I don't think you'll ever notice a power difference.

I've ran a coolers on the feed and return on my 02 dodge for years. I put a FASS fuel system on with all braided SS AN lines, feed and return.

I always liked to think it helped my VP pump last as long as they could, keeping the fuel as cool as possible.

So if you don't mind spending the money and time to plumb it in and doesn't affect the flow/pressure then do what makes you feel warm and fuzzy. :)

Back