fuel leak

powerstrokin

GO VOLS!
I have a fuel leak and it has gotten worse, to the point where it's dripping on the ground. I read a previous thread about leaking from drain and mine doesn't seem to be leaking from there. Its not the filter cause its dry up top. Any where else it could be leaking from?

Quite a few places to check. Sometimes the factory hard lines can rub and spring a leak, or even start leaking at the fittings.

The fuel bowl itself can leak. I had one crack at the base of the bowl and flooded my engine valley with fuel. Couldn't see the leak until the bowl was completely removed and I could see where it was coming from.

Best bet is to grab a light and a mirror, and cycle the key on to turn on the pump. It only runs for 20 seconds at a time, so it's helpful to have someone in the cab to cycle the key for you as you check.

usually its the drain valve,but I just had one that was leaking past the Oring on the return line at the fuel bowl. It looked like the collar that attaches to the fuel bowl had warped somehow. first time Ive seen that. I used a collar from another bowl I had sitting around and all was good.

I was able to look at it better today with someone turning the key on and it was the valve. $60 later and I got it fixed. Tight squeeze. Thanks for the ideas.

Back