Fuel line ID Sizes.

Just trying to show how silly it sounds when you say that going with an aftermarket fuel system isn't needed with aftermarket injectors....

doug saved me spending hundreds of dollars...

i'm gonna go buy a drill bit....whats size doug?...then i need a fass..

prolly should add a gauge sometime soon.....

my god you've got an unnecessarily big fuel line

my god you've got an unnecessarily big fuel line.....

I know, but why'd you say it twice??

....I didn't...

I'm more confused now. What is everyone trying to say!!!

one says larger fuel lines are a waste of money,

other says larger fuel lines are not a waste of money.

I have yet to see either opinion proven valid or invalid.

just saying...

doug saved me spending hundreds of dollars...

i'm gonna go buy a drill bit....whats size doug?...then i need a fass..

prolly should add a gauge sometime soon.....

If you search your local area you may find someone selling larger banjo bolts. I got some OEM ones went and found a shop that carried banjos that fit having MUCH larger openings and no check valves. If you have seen the banjo bolts found in the ITP kit these were very simular. I may dig through my tool box and take some pics.
At the time I found these I was parting together my own fuel system, I had everything that you find in the ITP kit except their milled return port piece. I was under $300 in parts just trying to figure out a way to get the return side done.

This all started when I was at Doug's shop and a DJ kit was on the floor collecting dust. I said lets put it on my truck and he said why?

From what I remember DJ telling me was he went with a smaller line to make more pressure.

Eat chit and live Doug. :shake:

This all started when I was at Doug's shop and a DJ kit was on the floor collecting dust. I said lets put it on my truck and he said why?

From what I remember DJ telling me was he went with a smaller line to make more pressure.

Going with a smaller line than stock to increase pressure makes no sense to me all:poke:

Get a larger pump.

Must be some kind of secret Cubano formula

No its simple math actually PV/T We'll say Temp stays constant for our sake. If you decrease volume, pressure must increase. Now I know the math, but I'm not sure how it all relates to the truck. I'm not sure if more pressure at a lesser volume would benefit... seems like it wouldn't matter. Maybe for a stock truck that isn't running out of fuel, more pressure might work with a lesser volume... I dont know...

What does the smaller line have to do with anything when you're still only capable of delivering as much fuel as the banjo bolts can flow?

Its like running a garden hose that is 8" into a spray nozzle that is .5"

You can have the biggest line you can fit under the hood and the best pump on the planet....it's still only as good as the smallest opening and short of drilling out the inlets in the heads....that inlet and it's fitting should be the smallest point.

As long as pressure and volume are matched well to what your truck needs then there's zero need for gargantuan hoses.

Didnt go Doug and dj go back and forth over this and then there was a race and guess who won. I think Doug is just going to have race whoever thinks big line and big pumps . Im sure there will be the same result as Doug and dj.Now for a stock pump on 190s what it works for a year cool can i put a calendar gauge on there to tell when it is about to go out thanks. I dont know **** i read all the facts you guys post.

As long as pressure and volume are matched well to what your truck needs then there's zero need for gargantuan hoses.

This sums it up very well. While you can increase line pressure by putting smaller fittings and or lines, having a smaller fitting with a larger line just doesn't make sense. Everything should be well matched.

Back