fuel mileage help

I'd like to see the math on 26 mpg

It's pretty easy to make the DIC read 26 or even 30, just add in more pulsewidth in the lower cells. Hand calculated is another story. I know I just did an LBZ, and he went from 18 to 21.5 running 65 mixed driving.

It's pretty easy to make the DIC read 26 or even 30, just add in more pulsewidth in the lower cells. Hand calculated is another story. I know I just did an LBZ, and he went from 18 to 21.5 running 65 mixed driving.

This wasn't on the DIC, it was had calculated, I know that the DIC read outs are never right once you've tuned a truck. Let me just say again, this was a ONE TIME THING not every day, his everyday average is between 18 and 22 just depending

This wasn't on the DIC, it was had calculated, I know that the DIC read outs are never right once you've tuned a truck. Let me just say again, this was a ONE TIME THING not every day, his everyday average is between 18 and 22 just depending

It wasn't a jab at you as I know that an LLY driven easy can get mid 20's with a good tune in it. Many people though do go by the DIC and swear they get 30MPG or better.

I do not believe that the OP was looking for a once in a great while MPG report. That's the issue with this as people say they got this or they got that but when it comes down to normal driving for 99% of the people out there the 20+ MPG duramax's are NOT real. Sure, if you take it easy, stay below 60 mph, start off slow and easy and drive with a tail wind on mostly flat ground it can happen but the everyday real world driving, it isn't going to happen!

If you go by real world hand calculated numbers your going to get just what the rest of us are REALLY getting.

Last edited:
It wasn't a jab at you as I know that an LLY driven easy can get mid 20's with a good tune in it. Many people though do go by the DIC and swear they get 30MPG or better.

Oh it's all good man, I know it wasn't. No worries. Believe me, I hear it all the time "Man, I'm getting 29mpg!" "no, actually you're not..." LOL So I know how it is

Full delete? Not in my opinion it wouldn't, unless you were installing twins

Back