fuel plate feeds

79_chevy_K_30_5

i have been looking at buying a fuel plate for my 98 12v it my everyday driver it pulls trailers weekly and it's just a farm truck with 160,000 miles, five speed so i am looking for some feed back on the fuel plates that people are running in their everyday driver i don't care about lots of smoke so lets see what you guys think i should roll with :st: :Cheer: thanks

Ive tried #11, #100, #10 , out of those three i like the #11 plate the best abd that is what im runnin right now. Its smooth progressive power unike the others wich were kind of like all or nothing, its not as powerfull plate as the others but for daily driving and towin its what i woud go with, put it about 3/4 forward!

i run a cut plate(pretty much a 0 plate) and drive it every day and tow with it, its not too bad the only thing i will say is it gets a little hot while towing, my egts were right around 1150 but once you were up to speed they were around 750-900 depending if you were cruising or passin someone. go with a #100 plate and you'll be happy they fuel like a 10 down low and a 0 up top IIRC

I ran the 11 for a long time then went with the 10. Had to do a lot of tinkering, adjusting, etc. and now would not go back to the 11. Daily driver and tow a LOT at 14k plus and have no problem with egt's or mileage. My truck has never ran this good. Think I will leave things alone for a while now.

sounds like i am stuck between a 10,11 or a 100 plate with these plates what are you guys doing with the afc tuning and i am having a 13inch single disc built to hold the power so what are you seeing the dif. between the 11 and 10 i want a good smooth power line no a plate that shocks and spikes hard so what do you think

10 is a lot more powerfull than the 11, but it "hits" harder and fast, if you can be smooth with the pedal it would be alright but when i had it in mine it just felt like all or nothin. i might have not had it all adjusted just right though....

i custom ground a #100 plate for mine and i love it. truck is daily driven and tows trailers too. ive run several different plates in mine and i like the #100 the best

i have seen that pic. before but how do you know how to know be able to read the plate and know what you want

I have a #4 in mine. It seems to have more power than trucks that have a stock plate. I don't really understand what the plate means for me so I guess I'll be following this thread to perhaps learn more about fuel plates.
I was reading about them a few years ago before I got into these trucks but I don't recall too much since it was leisure reading.

it is the rack stop when the afc is out of the way, as in when you hit full boost.

Even with my #4 plate, I hardly ever need to press down more than a 1/4 of travel on my accelerator pedal for normal driving. At about 1/2 way the truck really moves and any more than 1/2 the boost climbs near 30 psi and I'm way beyond any legal freeway speeds.

Straight from Weston:

Let me put it this way, fuel curves are a marketing gimmick, the AFC controls much more of the fuel curve than the plate ever will. I only use the #0 plate, that is when I use them. The key is to adjust the governor arm to ride on the AFC lever and then tune the aneroid tension to achieve the fuel curve you desire.

There has to be sufficient manifold pressure present to actuate the AFC lever. In essence the fuel plate is a rack stop, it does not control as much of the fuel curve as many people would like to believe. If you want rack travel, remove the plate and modify the AFC to ensure that the rack uses the plug as a rack stop.

At 1/4 pedal you'll never hit the plate.

AFC tuning is vital.

If plates are so useless why do Fulmer and Madsen run them?

If plates are so useless why do Fulmer and Madsen run them?

Im not sure but I would guess because they have 215 pumps that are turned up a lil more then your average member. And im guessing with turned barrels, they probably dont like the upper helix on that 215 plunger so they will run plates to keep it from retarding timing to much. This is just a total guesstimation but it makes sence in my head, ish.

So for your average Joe not running a benched pump, no plate would be optimal.

Most people just run more timing to compensate for the retard notches.

I'm not running a benched pump, but I like the way my truck tows with the 10 I have in it now better then it did with the 100.

Plates have a place, even on non benched pumps. And on all pumps, not just 215 pumps.

Straight from Weston:

Let me put it this way, fuel curves are a marketing gimmick, the AFC controls much more of the fuel curve than the plate ever will. I only use the #0 plate, that is when I use them. The key is to adjust the governor arm to ride on the AFC lever and then tune the aneroid tension to achieve the fuel curve you desire.

There has to be sufficient manifold pressure present to actuate the AFC lever. In essence the fuel plate is a rack stop, it does not control as much of the fuel curve as many people would like to believe. If you want rack travel, remove the plate and modify the AFC to ensure that the rack uses the plug as a rack

stop.

how do you recommend to make the adjustments do you have any tips on this or ideas thanks

plates

andrew, if you want to drop the truck off for a day i have a good friend that will let you try a few and tune it in for you. wont cost you much:hehe:

wtfd

Back