Fuel Plate/Torque Plate/FT Stop Plate

Smokie Okie

Show of hands, who is running their pump without the fuel plate and using only the AFC?

The tuning info on dieseldatabase.com warns against it for sake of premature wear on some elusive pin that can cause catastrophic failure.:blahblah1:

Thought I should ask the experts.

ive done it like that for a few years without the plate... lot better for me i like tuning with the afc spring and i like knowing that when im at full boost i am getting the most fuel possible to go with it... My little 4bt ppump screams with no plate in it and stretched and heated spring. The think will through some fuel wot....

Well, with 39 views and only one response, I guess most people still run their pump with the fuel plate in?

Thanks Jaybuller. Good luck with your 4bt swap. I would like to have a Jeep with a 4bt.

Are you gay? Why do you want a bunch of dudes to hold your hand?

Search, get a clue, then post.

Also, how on earth did your pea brain determine that this was "Extreme Engine Tech?

Oh God, you're an Okie? Please tell me you aren't one of the Flatbillers that sees my CompD stickers and blows smoke on me wanting a thumbs up. We have a bad enough reputation as it is without that crap.

Also, how on earth did your pea brain determine that this was "Extreme Engine Tech?

This...

Yet I don't really know the answer but I KNOW to search instead of ask...

Oh God, you're an Okie? Please tell me you aren't one of the Flatbillers that sees my CompD stickers and blows smoke on me wanting a thumbs up. We have a bad enough reputation as it is without that crap.

It's cute that you think a Comp D bumper stick is some sort of badge of honor and that people think they have to impress you.

I'm no computer expert, but I haven't found the "Extreme P-Pump Tech" discussion yet.

The main point of the question was to see if anyone was having any of the failures that the other site spoke of.

The multi quote button, use it.

I'm not worried about any badge of honor.

Regardless of what you can or can't find, it is far from extreme tech. It's basic... VERY basic.

Last edited:
Even newbs realize how basic this is. Guess this guy is an ultra newb.

I'm no computer expert, but I haven't found the "Extreme P-Pump Tech" discussion yet.

The main point of the question was to see if anyone was having any of the failures that the other site spoke of.

plates are cf extreme engine tech

aftermarket heads and fly cut pistons are extreme tech over here

Actually I consider those pretty basic and standard these days. Unless we are discussing the physics and dynamics of aftermarket head ports. Then it gets extreme. But that's just me.

Back