fuel plate

mtboggs

I'm looking into doing something with my fuel plate but is it worth trying to grind it your self or just buy buy a ground plate? I'm also trying to decide what plate I should run i'm shooting for around 500 to the wheels.

I would if my truck was just a toy I had sitting in my barn but it's my dd so i'm trying to get a combination of power and fuel economy out of it and with no fuel plate in it she has a bad drinking problem lol

Mine does ok without the plate. I never did run the trick the the plate in, however it does smoke blue at idle. I keep idle time to a minimum. I have debated on buying an aggressive plate tto at least have something. Would hate to wash the cylinders aftera fresh overhaul!

Mine does ok without the plate. I never did run the trick the the plate in, however it does smoke blue at idle. I keep idle time to a minimum. I have debated on buying an aggressive plate tto at least have something. Would hate to wash the cylinders aftera fresh overhaul!

You know the fuel plate does absolutely nothing at part throttle right?

The only reason to run a fuel plate is for heavily over-fueled trucks like mine. For instance, I run injectors wayy to big for my turbo at fuel boost. So I run one simply for a rack stop. Although the same thing can be just as easily obtained with a well setup spring and boost regulator on the afc, which I would rather do anyway.

I run a zero plate, ground another 1/4 inch, with extra room in the slots pushed full forward. found that was the best way to control off idle fuel.

yes i know the purpose of a fuel plate and past the point where it's cool to completely black out a 4 lane high way and only getting 400 miles to a tank i've done research I know it's basically personal preference to run one or not i decided to put one in and tune my afc housing. Also i'm tired of controlling the egt's with my foot when i'm towing i'd rather spend the mony and put a plate in so that way when i'm hooked to my family farms 25 for 30 foot gooseneck and i need to get on it and get going i don't have to worry about melting something down

Use the pre boost and star wheel to control it. I run with it one on my old 12v with no issues. I had to try really hard to get it over 1200°.

There is nothing you can not do with a propper afc tune. Even rack stop control

Where are you guys getting the springs for the afc. I have a few I am about to try this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a heavy tst spring in mine. But I know some have made their own.

If you are blacking out the highway just because you have no fuel plate, then you need to learn what an AFC is, or quit driving like an asshole.

Maybe you need to read what i said again. I said i'm past the point thinking it's cool to black out the road. I am tuning my afc when i got the truck it smoked like a train i haven't done anything to it other than put 7x010 sac injectors in 191 DV's hybrid hx35 with a 62mm compressor wheel. I just got a set of haisley 4k gov springs and i'm going to have my timing set to 16.5 degrees and tune my afc so that i have good clean efficent power instead of smoking the county out till my turbo lights the other reason i'm putting a fuel plate in is because with 4k gov springs the there are chances the rack can stick wide open correct me if i'm wrong

If your pulling a heavy load you might as well take those 191's out until you find a better turbo.

my egt's peak at 1500 now and that's running it as hard as I can and the hybrid hx really does decent so far for the money I have in it

Say your throttle is getting stuck while there is no fuel plate in but doesn't stick with it in. Tried running without the plate and some tuning of the afc and my throttle stuck going down the highway.

Running without a plate will not make the throttle stick or make the rack hang.

Then how does the rack get stuck open? I've always been told because taking the fuel plate out lets it move so far that it can stick open once you start spinning a lot of RPMs

Back