Fuel Pressure Gauge Location?

No offense intended, but the above post is usless..

NickTF said:
Brad, this plug you speak of is not a plug in my case, but a small bolt with a washer around it. The needle valve I have screws into a 1/8th pipe female connection which is much bigger then the plug/screw in that line. Guess if I don't want to tap I'll have to order the part from cummins for the 1/8" pipe female connection. Just to make clear i'm talking about the screw on top of the banjo bolt which runs from the filter to the injection pump, it's alot smaller then a 1/8" pipe.

Yes the plug is washered.. It still has to seal against fuel leaks.. I'll get pics tomorrow of my setup, but it's pretty simple..
The bolt you should be taking out is the air-bleed at the filter head. Home Depot sells the needle valve that screws right into it.. I don't remember the size. I have; Needle valve out of filter head, to large plastic line for 6 inches, reducer to 1/8" plastic oil guage line, to guage in the A pillar.. Your truck was 96 correct..? Same same.. It will work.

Brad

Ridemywideglide said:
No offense intended, but the above post is usless..

Yes the plug is washered.. It still has to seal against fuel leaks.. I'll get pics tomorrow of my setup, but it's pretty simple..
The bolt you should be taking out is the air-bleed at the filter head. Home Depot sells the needle valve that screws right into it.. I don't remember the size. I have; Needle valve out of filter head, to large plastic line for 6 inches, reducer to 1/8" plastic oil guage line, to guage in the A pillar.. Your truck was 96 correct..? Same same.. It will work.

Brad

My truck is a 97 auto. I have a needle valve with 1/8" pipe thread and it's definately too big for the smaller screw that exists here. Does anyone know the size of that screw/plug that exists on the bleeder?

Also, the smallest pipe size that's available usually is 1/8" so if you could tell me how to get a needle valve setup which screws into the port for the bleeder plug and then allows me to screw my 1/8 pipe thread to 1/4 i.d. hose barb onto the other side of the needle valve for my 1/4 i.d. hose i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:
This is what mine looks like.. I believe it is 1/4" valve

Attachments

• IMAGE_001.jpg
    IMAGE_001.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 59
  • IMAGE_002.jpg
    IMAGE_002.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 54
Ridemywideglide said:
This is what mine looks like.. I believe it is 1/4" valve

Is there something you've put there in between the needle valve and the bleeder plug? It looks like a large hex coupling of some sort. Maybe it's just hard to pick up in the picture. All I have is the bolt to hold the banjo fitting to the top of the fuel filter and then the bleeder plug which screws into that bolt. I don't have anything appearing as big as that hex coupling.

I didn't add anything, that's the way it was.. I simply removed the bleeder from the larger hex piece and put the valve in there..

Ridemywideglide said:
I didn't add anything, that's the way it was.. I simply removed the bleeder from the larger hex piece and put the valve in there..

Interesting, the hex head nut on my truck is much much shorter then what you have there. Maybe just a difference in years.

Back