fuel pump mods.

DMaxFredo

Drive for 5
yea i was just looking for some more info & help, have a 94 IDI & have the fuel screw all in, but some guy i talked to says you can rotate the whole pump toward the pass. side of engine. just wondering if any 1 has done this & how hard it might be to do. thanks for the help.

Justin

yea i was just looking for some more info & help, have a 94 IDI & have the fuel screw all in, but some guy i talked to says you can rotate the whole pump toward the pass. side of engine. just wondering if any 1 has done this & how hard it might be to do. thanks for the help.

Justin

All that will do is retard the timing. It will not change the volume or rate of fuel delivery, but it will make make the injection late (retarded). I'm afraid that guy is a bit confused about the IDI's DB2 IP.

If are serious about wanting more fuel from you DB2 IP. Go to oilburners.net. PM "Agnem" (Mel Agne) and ask about his "Moose Pump." Much better quality and service than you can get with Ken at DPS. He doesn't advertise, he doesn't have a website. He basically does this as a service the IDI community and he's products are head and shoulder's above DPS.

Heath

if your saying that doing that retards it, shouldnt u be able to advance it also? ok thanks for the advice i'll get on and talk with him about it

if your saying that doing that retards it, shouldnt u be able to advance it also? ok thanks for the advice i'll get on and talk with him about it

Yes, rotating the IP towards the driver's side will advance the timing. But, don't go beyond 10.5 degree's BTDC. That's the max, otherwise you'll be eating glow plugs and you'll start losing power. Ford's spec is 8.5 BTDC. A degree advanced (9.5) is what most will use.

Heath

yea i did look at my buddys 7.3 non turbo, can def see where the top is turned toward the pass side. just gonna have him help with mine if it doesnt run better being turned just have to get a better pump.

Back