Fuel Pump Power

White Knight

I was wondering where everyone was getting an activation signal for your electric fuel pump? I need something to trigger my relay.

I have heard that our trucks are factory wired for a fuel pump (carry over from the gassers) but when I pulled apart the connectors under the drivers side fender, the only wire with power was a big red one that was powered all the time, ignition on or not :(

Then I went to the power distribution center under the hood and found a "fuel system" fuse in place and constantly hot, but the relay was MIA. And I didn't find any hot terminals with the engine running. I was hoping to find a circuit that would tun off w/ no CPS signal.
What gives? :confused: Where do I look next?

Back at the tank, I think a 4 wire connector. (Don't quote me on that, going off memory here) There is a fuel pump wire. Mine I believe was green. It turns your pump on for 3 seconds when you turn your key on and then will run with oil pressure. That is how I run my A1000 on my drag truck. You can wire that into your relay.

Thanks, I've found and the green wire w/ black tracer both at the tank's 4 pin connector and in one of the two connector packs under the fender. But I have failed to get it to light my test light :what:
I'll try again in the morning though, maybe I'll have better luck......

I pulled a signal from the wire that holds the shutoff solenoid open. Its hot when ever the key is on and easy to find.

if you are going to used a rely you will only need a 500mv input to trigger the rely ,,, i pulled my switch power from under the dash ,,,, if you go to a stereo shop they will have the rely and pig tail plug for it ,,, 30 amps ones

Back