Fuel Pump Question

Gunnin

Just A Wannabe
I bought a edge attitude and Im looking to upgrade my lift pump from the stock unit. I was wondering what you guys would recomend as a cheap upgrade. Not looking for a complete fass or airdog system, just a little bit out of my budget. I was looking at the direct replacement pump by fass, but was wondering if you guys thought it would be enough?

Thanks in advance.

yeah i saw one of those right after i bought the ones that install under the bed but i havent heard anything about them yet im pretty sure it will do what you need it to do

Do a forum search for Holley and Walbro, you should find some good info fairly quick.

I have done research on both. I was more interested if anyone had info on the new direct replacement by fass. And if they thought it would provide enough fuel for an edge attitude box.

Ive got a walbro the pump is great but my regulator is a leaky p.o.s, so if you go that route invest in a good regulator. I know nothing about a fass direct replacement, but i did install an upgraded replacement pump on one of my customers trucks. The brand is alliant power, the truck has been running well, sorry i dont have any fuel pressure specs, or volume numbers on it, but supposedly its been working good for him. He has a 01 with 40 horse injectors i believe and a edge ez.

Ive talk to a fass dealer on here before,he said it would have no problem keeping up with a chip and small injectors

FASS makes some good stuff, but regardless of who you go with relocate the pump by the tank. Pumps are made to push, not pull, and any type of pump made will last longer and act better the less they have to pull the liquid being moved.

if i were you i would save up a little more money and go all out and buy the fass 95gph. i like mine it has no prob keeping up with my big 200hp inj......in the long run you mite decide to put more stuff on your truck then you wouldbe set with that.

Thanks for the info guys. Im getting the direct replacement pump to just keep up with the juice module. Its just so I dont lose fuel pressure. Im saving money for a all out build later down the road.

Go with the Holley Blue you can't beat the price, there under $100. I left my stock lift pump by the motor and installed a Holley blue and I have 25lbs. of fuel press. more than enough

Back