Fuel rail clears on launch too much

dieselfueled18

Hey guys, when i launch at the drag strip, i rev to about 2000rpm and dump the clutch and jam the GO pedal. Before i put the RP gauge in the rail would clear and the truck will lag for like a tenth of a second or not at all. Now that i put the RP gauge my fuel rail clears and it lags for like half a second. This is a realy noticable change and i dont like it. But how do i fix it? i've heard i need a brand spankin new RP sensor, but i have a feeling it will help but not enough. Also i've been told that my CP3 may be getting weak, i got 220,000 km on the motor. I'm thinking putting in a pressure box like a Dr. Perforamce or doing a dual fueler with another stock pump. I havent looked at my RP gauge when i launch to see my PSI loses but i'm going to next time i take the truck for a cruise. Hope someones got the answer...

How do you know your rail "is clearing"?

Sounds more like turbo lag... what gear out of the hole?

2nd gear... i lauched a few times today and its not the rail, my RP gauge doesnt drop at all. The RPMs however drop to like 750 RPM

Dumping the clutch on a diesel don't work so good. Bring the rpm up to at least 3000 & let the clutch out just fast enough to keep the turbo lit. Also be ready to buy a new clutch after you try that a few times.

Dumping the clutch on a diesel don't work so good. Bring the rpm up to at least 3000 & let the clutch out just fast enough to keep the turbo lit. Also be ready to buy a new clutch after you try that a few times.

x2. You need to build boost By easing the clutch a little more. Boost doesnt just happen you need to make it happen

Not really - I'd trade kinetic energy for potential energy any day.

Sticks launch best with the highest RPM that doesn't blow the tires away with an immediate (not side-stepping or dump) clutch release.

Building boost with heel/toe or LineLock doesn't hurt.

BTW- X2 on not slipping the clutch.

Not really - I'd trade kinetic energy for potential energy any day.

Sticks launch best with the highest RPM that doesn't blow the tires away with an immediate (not side-stepping or dump) clutch release.

Building boost with heel/toe or LineLock doesn't hurt.

BTW- X2 on not slipping the clutch.

I agree! My truck seemed to launch best at 3800 rpm with a "1 second" release stroke on the clutch pedal. My motor didn't bog with anything over 3500 rpm and side stepping but the tires would spin too hard when "shock loaded" from a violent side-step clutch dump.

ok, and i guess i'm dont "dumping" the clutch, just letting my foot off as fast as i can. I'll try reving up higher and letting out on the clutch more. Thanks guys for the help!!!! :-D

Back