Fuel shutoff solenoid wiring help

RonA, there is no such thing as too much information, post whatever you have.
Ktown, I have that wiring schematic printed out. It just gave me more questions that answers.

As an update, no one has really addressed the wire gauge issue, so I've decided to use 10 ga wire for all of it. That seems much simpler than buying a whole bunch of different sizes. I've located a couple of places to get 70 amp relays locally (cheaper than anything I can order online), and an inline fuse holder that will accept the maxi size fuses (which is the only blade type fuse I can find in 65 amps. I'll include this info in the write up I do.
While talking to Michael about this I mentioned wanting a junction box in my truck to clean up the wiring under the hood. Older Chevys came with these and I LOVE them. Found a cheap one at Auto Zone. This will solve the key on hot issue easily.
Thanks to everyone who is trying to help, and like I said, the more info the better so keep posting if you have something to add.

A bit different than a newer truck.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0
Did you use a solenoid to control your solenoid? Is that what I'm seeing?

Did you use a solenoid to control your solenoid? Is that what I'm seeing?

yes. It's a Cole Hersee from the local auto parts store. I don't remember the model number but it's probably stamped on it. The wiring isn't complicated but it's not as tidy looking as the pictures posted before.

I actually thought about using a solenoid to control the solenoid!!! LOL
But like I said, I sourced a 70 amp relay for like 7 bucks locally.

Compared to the cost of the fuel shut off solenoid, the rest is cheap. Good luck with the rest of it. Don't forget to set up your injectors for the p-pump.

I bore the feed passage in the body to 2mm, press a sleeve in the body to take the spring pocket down to .305, turn the compression pin down to .12 so it fits the 12V spring and put it back together with the pop off pressure set at 285 bar. It will start getting smokey on the bottom when the pressure gets down into the 260 range. The 12V spring is shorter so you will need more shim(usually 3 shims instead of 2).

Back