Fuel specs 13mm pump

Why wouldn't the DTT assasin be the setup to have? I know very little about them but from my understanding they move plenty of fuel, mechanical(more reliable?), and cost less than the other mechanical setups. From my very little reading on them, the only negative I have heard of is not having the ability to run a aftermarket damper without modification.

Here's some fun math if you want to figure it out that way...

Pump cc= 1,000cc per 1,000 strokes, so 1cc per stroke.

An inline 6 fires a power stroke every 120 degrees, so that's 3cc of fuel per revolution.

3cc x a peak engine speed of say 4,000rpm = 12,000cc/min or 720,000cc per hour

720,000cc = 190 gallons per hour at your desired pressure.

Keep in mind though, you're probably going to end up with the pump set at somewhere around 600-700cc, and even if it is rated at 1,000cc, it probably won't be at 4,000rpm.

Dtt doesn't make a 12v set up.

they did, i had one...wouldnt keep up with my 13mm pump. sold it to some dude and he installed it on a VP truck and works great for him

who ever is building your pump should know what pressure and style of pump to get the flow and pressure needed for there pump

Here's some fun math if you want to figure it out that way...

Pump cc= 1,000cc per 1,000 strokes, so 1cc per stroke.

An inline 6 fires a power stroke every 120 degrees, so that's 3cc of fuel per revolution.

3cc x a peak engine speed of say 4,000rpm = 12,000cc/min or 720,000cc per hour

720,000cc = 190 gallons per hour at your desired pressure.

Keep in mind though, you're probably going to end up with the pump set at somewhere around 600-700cc, and even if it is rated at 1,000cc, it probably won't be at 4,000rpm.

Thats good info! Thank you sir. As far as the pump place, i know eerybody is not going to say the same thing, as far as pressure goes. Figured i might as well ask here to people that have know data.

What about it is not 12v compatible? 90% of the people I have heard of running it are with 12 or 13mm pumps.

It simply can't keep up as stated above.

They are great for a low pressure application but from what I gathered from it is they won't handle the pressure desired for a large p-pump.

For me I'm not wanting something I will have to upgrade later again it's just time to do it once, overkill a little, suck it up, and have fun with it.

Everyone says all my plans are overkill. So be it. LOL

That's why I'm debating on pressures with mine. I think 30-35psi should be fine cause it is about flowing. I guess I will find the answer Adam on the ball bearing unit.

13mm pumps will live at 30 psi wot. but having 60 psi will put more fuel into the plunger quicker at high rpms. a waterman is the best choice for pulling, or drag racing only truck imo.fass or an airdog do work though.

I can't find the info yet Adam. Working on a few phone calls this weekend once you purchase my axle LOL

Is anyone running a waterman on the street? The sprint 500 looks to be what everyone pulling uses BUT I know that they won't last on the street due to bearing issues from heat on long runs.

I was debating on the airdog again but I really don't want an electric pump on the truck. Too noisy for me and I'm not able to hide them like I want. For me I want a simple deal. Been looking at fuellabs newest setup though also if electric has to be.

13mm pumps will live at 30 psi wot. but having 60 psi will put more fuel into the plunger quicker at high rpms. a waterman is the best choice for pulling, or drag racing only truck imo.fass or an airdog do work though.

Post up your 30psi vs 60psi data. I'd be interested to see it.

Post a link to the internally set and regulated waterman. I've seen them no where.

Post up your 30psi vs 60psi data. I'd be interested to see it.

No hard data, and besides i have never seen a pump spin to 5500 rpms on a bench..not sure i would want to be near it lol. but in any case standard cam on a p7100(160hp) have a fair amount of fill time on the lobe...vs a quick rate that has quite a bit less fill time, it only make sense to have a higher pressure..

Back