Fuel tank sump....

HRDROKN

Prestige Worldwide
For those that are running sumps, are you guys running a filter before your AD, FASS, Aero... etc fuel pumps?

And what brand/size/micron???

:Cheer:

Most guys I have seen are running a hose straight from the sump to their fuel pump( FASS, Airdog)

no filter between sump and airdog...... no pumps like to have any restriction of their intake......

Well alright then... I was reading through a BUNCH of old dual feed line and pump threads today and caught mention of it. Direct it will be!

:rockwoot:

if you look at the flow of fuel through the fass system the fuel goes through the 144 micron fuel water separator before it enters the pump,i would think that is more than sufficient filtration before the pump get's the fuel to pressurize it, no need for a inline filter. IMHO, those things are more of a pain in the azz than anything when they clogg up.

Wes

i run a filter between my tank and pumps but don't remember the brand and model off the top of my head.

I run a 100 micron Aeromotive inline between the tank and the A1000. Recommended by Aeromotive IIRC.

if you look at the flow of fuel through the fass system the fuel goes through the 144 micron fuel water separator before it enters the pump,i would think that is more than sufficient filtration before the pump get's the fuel to pressurize it, no need for a inline filter. IMHO, those things are more of a pain in the azz than anything when they clogg up.

Wes

2sgn080agree.gif

I'm pretty sure both FASS and AD have the prefilter before the pump. So no need to add anything else to them.

Back