Fueling issue

GorillaDave

Aníbal Catastrophe
I recently finished up my twins and fuel system, I am running an A1000 pump (used from another member here), 1/2 lines, and a A13101 bypass/boost referenced regulator.

Routing as follows:
BDP sump to pre-filter then to pump and pre-filter to inlet on regulator to Ppump.
Return/Bypass from regulator is tee'd into original supply from tank along with return from injectors.

I am seeing 40ish lbs at idle and it pulls well below 20 with anything past half throttle even with the boost referencing hooked up.

Where did I go wrong?:nail:

i think you want the regulator on the back side of the injection pump like the ofv was, you may be returning too much fuel before the pump?

i think you want the regulator on the back side of the injection pump like the ofv was, you may be returning too much fuel before the pump?

ok so if I am following you right, I need to run fuel from the A1000 to the Ppump then have the req on the return side of the Ppump?:confused:

After a few beers and looking into how everything works. I believe I am in fact returning too much fuel. I'll get the fittings and re plumb everything.

ok so if I am following you right, I need to run fuel from the A1000 to the Ppump then have the req on the return side of the Ppump?:confused:

thats correct. tee in the injector return line past the regulator also.

I temporarily pinched off the return line from the pump and miracles happened. Fuel pressure holds 50 at idle and referenced to 70. I will get the fittings I need when payday gets here and do it correctly. Until then I'll ride the scooter to work

For anyone that happens across this later, metering flow out is far more accurate that metering flow in for a hydraulic application.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

For anyone that happens across this later, metering flow out is far more accurate that metering flow in for a hydraulic application.

This sounds vaguely familiar, but it has been quite a few years since I had any dealings with hydraulic applications like this.

Like this,

20130602_223911_zps98821312.jpg

Best to have an open Banjo bolt or gut a stock OFV.

Like this,

20130602_223911_zps98821312.jpg

Best to have an open Banjo bolt or gut a stock OFV.

The injector return line is why I never finished mine. I couldn't down the truck long enough to risk a FUBAR and didn't have a good plan for tying it in to my return.

The injector return line is why I never finished mine. I couldn't down the truck long enough to risk a FUBAR and didn't have a good plan for tying it in to my return.

I plan on cutting mine and flaring it with a 5/16 flare nut and or using a swedgelock with a 3/8 to AN fitting and running it all together.

I had the nut and flare tool. Just never but it. I sold it all to one of Josh Lands associates.

That was a really clean set up. What type of aeromotive regulator did you use

Back