Fummins resale value

07/67

I run across a 09 f550 with a blown 6.4 that I can pick up cheap. Is there a market for ford-cummins conversions?

I would say that it wouldn't last long if you was trying to sell it. Assuming it's a good quality swap and everything works.

I haven't seen to many sell for what the people were asking. Not nearly enough to even cut even with what they spent. And usually they sit on them longer.

I can get the truck for 9k. Wholesale is 23k. So there is room, but it looks like I would be better buying a 6.4 long block to make the most money. I can buy a long block for 4k.

Just put the long block in it. Most people don't want conversions because they can't find people to work on them or find parts if they don't work on their own vehicles

I can get the truck for 9k. Wholesale is 23k. So there is room, but it looks like I would be better buying a 6.4 long block to make the most money. I can buy a long block for 4k.

This is the route to go if you're planning in flipping it.

I've not had any issues selling any converted trucks, being realistic with the pricing is the key. Its not a gold pile, just a better truck. I would price it 1 or 2k over the nada value with the correct powerstroke engine and go on. People seem to buy a bunch of crap they don't need for the swap and expect to pass that money on to the buyer.

Having a parts list and wiring diagram to give with it helps.

But in this 550's case, I would drop a 6.4 back in.

Last edited:
Roachie is giving you good advice!!!. If your realistic it will be fine. I have seen a lot of HACK job swaps, which in my opinion are worth less then a truck with blown engine ..as they take a lot to redo and fix.... to be really nice, the only swap I'd do would be '08-'09 common rail 6.7 Cummins. So the swap is legal and easily sold in any state. I would only do the swap if it's for yourself..if your just flipping the truck I'd just do the 6.4L crate long block, or sell it as is. The Conversions take ALOT of time and it would be hard to recoup especially if its done right and its your first one etc...is the F550 a stick? or 4x4? Aluminum wheels, crew, extended or regular cab..etc etc.. I may be interested in the truck as is..

Thanks,
Deo

Back