Fummins zf6 clutch ???

Jpscustoms

I'm running a sb dual disk with dodge upgraded master cyl and the ford slave. Pedal pressure is harder than with stock ford hydros but with same problems as the last clutch with stock hydros. Engagement is very touchy and rough, the clutch doesn't engage till the very end of pedal travel and this clutch slips some under accel in 4th and 5th gear. Also now when. I down shift sometimes it's almost like its not disengaging enough and grinds. I'm just wonder what other setups are out there and how they are performing. I also have been told theres a modification for the clutch fork but haven't been able to find anything else about this...

I assume you have talked to SB, but ask to talk to their clutch builder if you haven't yet. He knows Fummins stuff. A good while back, I heard from a 6.0 conversion guy that they built a custom clutch fork for him. Haven't been too many using dual disks in that conversion yet, but there is at least two out there.

Southbend 3600 dual disc, stock ford hydros with the master cylinder rod extended about .25". modified clutch fork for pressure plate clearance.

You have a pic or can you tell me what you had todo to the fork? Believe that's my prob

South bend sent the modified fork with the clutch. I don't have any pics of it but it doesn't change the geometry of the fork, it's just clearanced so it doesn't rub the pressure plate when you push the pedal all the way in. It will not effect the clutch when the pedal is released.

When I first built mine it would just engauge right off the floor with very little pedal travel, lengthening the master cylinder rod fixed it

I have found that the ford hydros seem to have plenty of pressure and work better than the dodge hydros. Just lenghten the rod and they usually are fine. Like Cory said the clutch forks are usually only clearanced to clear the pressure plate. You could have a bent clutch fork though. I've seen them get f'd up in shipping.

I'm using the stock ford clutch fork, it's not clearanced. I liked the stock ford hydros better than the dodge. I'm going to call southbound and see if they can send me one. Just wondering if I have damaged the clutch because it's very chattery now..

Sb said there's no modified clutch fork or clearancing a stock one for cummins conversion dual disk clutches.....

Do I need to swap to valiar??? Lol

I'm not saying that, but I've had the same issue with them saying they don't modify the dodge clutch forks, which is BS. The only ford conversion DD I got from them a customer provided, and it had a modified clutch fork as well. Maybe they purchase their clutch forks from another source and they really don't modify them? LOL IDK I doubt it though.

i am running the 7.3 DD and have no problems what so ever. My stock 6.0 flywheel was a flat surface Dual mass one(rare) from what they told me only didd it for a few months. And the 7.3 DD setup uses the same bolt pattern the 13" cummins flywheel. My pedal feels almost exactly the same as before slightly harder. My wife drives the thing daily.....

Back