fummins zf6 speed clutch question

pete6030

ok guys im starting my cummins swap ive got a 95 12 valve going into a 2003 f-250 that had a 7.3 in it with the manual zf6. im wanting to keep my 6 speed so my question is what type of clutch/ flywheel/ input shaft will i need? i will be using destroked's adapter plate,crank spacer, motor mounts, ect wondering if anyone out there that had done it could give some advice to me all help is appriciated thank you
-max

Welcome. It would probably be a good idea to put an introduction post first so you don't get beat down on the net... Look in the diesel conversion section for your clutch. I had mine made, the first one didn't turn out quite right but after about 50 measurements I have a nice sintered iron triple disc from Kenny's and I don't need a crank spacer or a starter spacer. I didn't have to change input or anything

ok thanks ya ive just been on here reading for months now just havent found what ive been looking for. wanting to keep the clutch ive got because its not very old

Another Fummins Build Thread - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Here is a link to my conversion. Exact same one that you are doing. I used a Cummins 6 speed flywheel, Valair 6 speed Cummins clutch, stock Ford input shaft, and a Ford pilot bearing in the Cummins flywheel. I detailed it pretty well in the thread linked above.

I'll be happy to help answer any questions you might have....or atleast attempt to!

awesome build bud. i didnt realize that the nv5600 input shaft was the same as our 6 speeds and i will just need the ford pilot bearing right? thanks

awesome build bud. i didnt realize that the nv5600 input shaft was the same as our 6 speeds and i will just need the ford pilot bearing right? thanks

Thanks, I'm really enjoying driving it! Yep everything will work using the cummins clutch and flywheel, just need the Ford bearing. I called Valair and they put one in the new clutch I ordered. You will also need to grind on the zf6 bellhousing so the cummins starter will clear.

ok thanks. im on the hunt for a clutch now. i emailed destroked with this question and they wouldnt really give me a straight answer bout it. if u dont mind me asking why did you go with ford cummins adapter rather than destroked?

I went with Fordcummins bc I was able to go directly to their website pick out what I wanted, call them and order it. The employee on the phone was very helpful and I've been satisfied with their product. I'm not knocking destroked, it was just simpler for me to use Fordcummins.

Thanks, I'm really enjoying driving it! Yep everything will work using the cummins clutch and flywheel, just need the Ford bearing. I called Valair and they put one in the new clutch I ordered. You will also need to grind on the zf6 bellhousing so the cummins starter will clear.

Cummins starter? Mine uses the ford 6.0l starter

Why couldn't you use the cummins starter?

Honestly never even thought to try, guy I bought my destroked adapter plate from said it used a 6.0 stater so i just bought on and put it together without trying the dodge

Back