G 56 Failures??? Who and How?

G-56 failures how many?

• Total voters

Robertp

If you’ve blown one up please post how? Also if you have, did you ever sled pull with it. Also how much power were you making?

i have blown 2 so far 1 on the street it blew 4th gear at 800hp the next one went 4 days later while hooked to the sled trying to pull 2nd high :doh:

i have blown 2 so far 1 on the street it blew 4th gear at 800hp the next one went 4 days later while hooked to the sled trying to pull 2nd high :doh:

How many pulls did you have on the first trans before it went on the street and what gear did you pull in if you did?

Winner in the 2.6 class at TS has a G56. I've pulled mine pry 15times mostly in 2nd high range @700hp and all is still well. I'm goin auto tho

How many pulls did you have on the first trans before it went on the street and what gear did you pull in if you did?

I had hooked the 1st one prob. 20 to 25 times at 600hp and once at 800 and 8 to 10 passes at the track at 600hp before the 1st one broke on the street. The 2nd one lasted for 200miles and 1 hook to the sled. #3 has been holding for over 15,000 miles so far (knock on wood) with 0 hooks and 0 trips to the track but it is hooked to a enclosed trailer 5 days a week and a spare g56 sitting at home to go back in when it does go

Ok so now for the reason I posted this thread! I am up in the air about taking it down the track right now, I made 691 last year and I’m adding a few things one being nitrous, I’m thinking I will be closer to the 1'k mark maybe not over but pretty close with nitrous. What is the likelihood of this thing holding it? My thoughts are slim to None. But that’s me.

right now im trying to get a line on another one just to have if this one pops, im just holding out for a fair price.

I used nitrous with my other set of twins and layed down 928 on the dyno with it and a couple of times on the street just to see if it was working. But like you said these things have a short life at that hp.

I broke one on my 05 with only an attitude for power. It locked up when I pulled off the interstate. Exploded the clutch and killed all the internals.

3pulls using 2-3-4 low 1 time each.

Blew it on the street beta testing the new TNT-R at the time. 4th gear failure annihilated both cogs.

600hp.

Winner in the 2.6 class at TS has a G56. I've pulled mine pry 15times mostly in 2nd high range @700hp and all is still well. I'm goin auto tho

Yes but Jason broke his at the end of the pull 2nd gear gone!

I went threw 2 also 2nd and then 4th One while sled pulling and one while street driveing.

We broke one in 6th gear, and damaged another from just street driving on a 2wd Mega #8000 at about 940hp ish

Back