G 56 seal

Stealth hotshot

Diesel whiz
Anyone else having problems with the seal at the top of the trans I've tried everything out of ideas nothing seems to seal it

What seal? The square rubber? Or the orange shift boot?

The orange boot I guess they call it I've gone through the orange stage I guess they could not get any from Mercedes so mopar started making Thier own black ones and I have ate two of them I've tried silicone and everything I'm just about ready to do a nv swap but I love how the g shifts nv have a sync problem I put on 1300 km a day and I'm always topping up the tranny fluid getting sick of this seal and I got a ton of friends with newer 6.7 with the g and never had a problem

Last edited:
Is it just leaking around the edges or actually tearing where the ribs/flex areas are?

go to your local parts store and purchase a universal cv boot. Or a local ATV store works best. Trim to fit the boot over the shifter and clap her on. I use to have this problem too until i did this. havent had an issue since!

Ok guys I did the cv boot and it lasted two hours now it leaking from somewhere else I took it all apart and the cv is still good but I can't see if my case is cracked or something should this be vented somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok guys seems to be leaking between the t case and tranny I think I need a t case I have a 04.5 that I wrote off does anyone know if they are the same the 04 is a aouto with a sun coast and the truck I want to put it in Is a 05 with a g 56 will the t case be the same

Tcase is the same. The inputs are different. You just need to swap input shafts in the tcase.

moose boot #M92-06801 never look at it again

That's pretty nifty!

Found this link and picture so others will know what it is.

G56 Leaker - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

EF8F07D2-08CB-44D5-A0D9-BD5C72006C9A-12724-00000194527369B3.jpg

yupp dude after dropping 90 bucks on a mopar one and having to drive 300 miles in a day to get it i said screw this ..... that moose boot seems to be the ticket now if i can just get it to stop leaking from every stinking pour haha

yupp dude after dropping 90 bucks on a mopar one and having to drive 300 miles in a day to get it i said screw this ..... that moose boot seems to be the ticket now if i can just get it to stop leaking from every stinking pour haha

Golden boys I did find one that I cut but that's awsome I have the same problem firkin thing leaks like a siv thanks guys my t case either ran out of oil or stopped leaking now lol

Trucks over at a buddy's tranny is out and cracked the back case and out put shaft is grenaded

Well should have her together today compete rebuild of the tranny and putting a dd south bend

Do u guys have any other part numbers for the moose boot its a American part number and I can't get one in Canada

Back