G.M. Performance Parts Duramax Diesel Top Dragster final prep for testing .

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Industrial Injection services
ZZ custom Fabrication
D & L performance
Charlie Stewart Race Cars
Syndiesel
ChevyLand.com
GearVendors
Nitrous Outlet
Frankenstein racing heads
RPM performance Data Loggers
Al Weiss
Stan and Mathew Thomas
J E Pistons
GRP Rods
Coan
Snow Boost cooler
K&R

Not going to make the U.S. Nationals like I wanted so we will start with OK city NHRA divisional event then Dallas National event and Houston National Event , then off to Vegas for three events back to back and the SEMA show.

IMAG1116.jpg

IMAG1119.jpg

IMAG1096.jpg

425817_313443578692180_212116095491596_847125_498394457_n.jpg

IMAG0150-4.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, Greg.

Question : Why the longer exhaust distance from the head to the chargers? Seems like a lot of surface area to deplete thermal energy that could be used to spin the chargers. Or is this irrelevant for the turbo in the bottle?

Edit: Those long tubes do look neat though. :D

Looks good, Greg.

Question : Why the longer exhaust distance from the head to the chargers? Seems like a lot of surface area to deplete thermal energy that could be used to spin the chargers. Or is this irrelevant for the turbo in the bottle?

Edit: Those long tubes do look neat though. :D

Working with pulse, using the merge collectors. I would have liked it to be closer, but we did the headers that way to possibly run a Pro Charger at some time in the future.
Car weighs 1745 with me in it. Still need to add the weight of one nitrous bottle.

Good Luck. I hope you dont fight convertor issues, are you trying a coan 10.5" first. Just in case, I,ve been dealing with Dennis Reid and he has his chevy bell now machined to accept a 12.5" just cant quite get a 13" to fit. Your lock up and efficency may not be as much issue as mine was with increased rpm. But Coan couldnt get it done back then for me either..... in a 10.5" cover that is. Hope it works out good for ya though.

Ryan

Good Luck. I hope you dont fight convertor issues, are you trying a coan 10.5" first. Just in case, I,ve been dealing with Dennis Reid and he has his chevy bell now machined to accept a 12.5" just cant quite get a 13" to fit. Your lock up and efficency may not be as much issue as mine was with increased rpm. But Coan couldnt get it done back then for me either..... in a 10.5" cover that is. Hope it works out good for ya though.

Ryan

I have a lot of experance with the small converter and anything tighter will shake the tires . I plan on stalling about 4700 to 5000, I don't plan on a lock up.

What are the Las Vegas Events you plan to attend? NHRA race in October and ?

September 14-16 Thunder Valley Raceway Park Noble, Okla. Top Dragster

Sept. 20-23 Texas Motorplex • Dallas, TX Super Comp

October 12-14 Royal Purple Raceway Park Houston, Texas Top Dragster 0r October 12-14 JEGS NHRA Pacific SPORTSnationals Las Vegas, Nev. Top Dragster

Oct. 25–28 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway • Las Vegas Top Dragster

SEMA Oct 30 – Nov 2
November 2-4 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Las Vegas, Nev. Top Dragster

Looks nice. Wish my car was that light.

Charlie Stewart Race Cars built me a chassis similar to what I would run in A/ Dragster Automatic. Which is a 1500 hp 1700 lbs car that runs 6.40’s. It’s a 255 inch slip joint car, with all of the weight savings options. I have 2 sets of tires to run 33.5 X 16 for bad tracks and 33 X 15’s for good tracks.

Charlie builds about 15 cars a year mostly Corvette roadsters that with the same running gear as my dragster would weight about 2100 lbs. with driver.

Charlie Stewart Race Cars | Quality race cars built by sportsmen racers ..for sportsmen racers.

I would love to see a chevy Dmax in a Chevy 63 Corvette

luke20.jpg

img_0109.jpg

Last edited:

Ryan

here is the same convertor that I have run for the last 7 years

IMG_8752-1.jpg

we are going to try and make tire smoke in the next few weeks , I just got my Brail Battery in 9 lbs and 1300 CCA

Last edited:
Back