Garret gtp38r question

bigpanther2004

Wondering if anyone is running it? I was looking to upgrade just wondering if it's worth the money? I have a bigger wheel in mine now with the different actuator on it from diesel site. Running stage 1 injectors single shot and it's a 2001. Any info would be great

Ive got one on mine but with the bigger exh housing and its great.The bigger exh housing isnt totally necessary if you dont want it.

It flows a little better and dropped my EGT's when towing heavy, for what it worth, I'm looking at another one.

Unless you are looking to spend the money on a new mount setup, its the only way to go. If you are looking for a reliable turbo for sub 500hp numbers and great for towing its the way to go. I'm running one and it is perfect for what it is designed for. If you are wanting to run more than 500hp, then you're better saving your money for a mount setup and going with a different turbo.

Unless you are looking to spend the money on a new mount setup, its the only way to go. If you are looking for a reliable turbo for sub 500hp numbers and great for towing its the way to go. I'm running one and it is perfect for what it is designed for. If you are wanting to run more than 500hp, then you're better saving your money for a mount setup and going with a different turbo.

What he said^^^

turbonetics makes one almost identical with a polished housing the usually costs less, they are very durable but a bit noisy with a cold air intake, comes with 1.00 exhaust housing and doesn't need to be upgraded unless you are running larger than 200 cc injectors

turbonetics makes one almost identical with a polished housing the usually costs less, they are very durable but a bit noisy with a cold air intake, comes with 1.00 exhaust housing and doesn't need to be upgraded unless you are running larger than 200 cc injectors

No, Turbonetics is 61mm or 62mm. not 66mm like 38R

Wondering if anyone is running it? I was looking to upgrade just wondering if it's worth the money? I have a bigger wheel in mine now with the different actuator on it from diesel site. Running stage 1 injectors single shot and it's a 2001. Any info would be great

When you say bigger wheel, what do you mean? Specs?

No, Turbonetics is 61mm or 62mm. not 66mm like 38R

Correct. My brother has the Turbonetics, which is a 62, and my dad has the Garrett. They are almost identical engines, both have 160cc injectors, terminator oil pumps, both intercooled, both live tuned DP tuners, and the Garrett definitely our performs the TN. The Garrett is well worth the money.

i have one on my f550 i use it to tow a 4 car transporter works awesome rarely drop a gear to pull a hill. My other mods are mahle pistons, ported heads , adrenaline, rr fuel system, swamps single shots, swamps tuning and studs. tows like a beast my driver that runs the truck loves it hes always busting my balls cuz i have to drop a gear in my 11 dodge 5500 but i run a 5 car on it and it only has 4.44 gears where the ford has 4.88 jus thot id share cuz this is a working truck thats always hooked to trailer

we put it on big panthers truck and 2 others works awsome. some good tuning really brings them to life. diesel site had them on sale so we picked up a few.

Back