Garrett turbo plumbing

drillpipe

Spent more to go slower
For those of you running a water cooled turbo, what's easiest way to tie into cooling system? Was thinking about T'ing off a heater hose and making an adapter for top radiator hose for return. Just thought I would see if anyone has a better method. This is on a 12V.

What turbo are you running? I run from the heater core outlet, though the turbo, and into the pipe that goes in next to the lower rad hose. Thats how the kits are plumbed with the powermax turbo kit. The lines from that kit worked on my GT4202R quite well.

It's a GTX4202. I'll plumb it like you mentioned and give it a try. Thanks

if you go from engine through turbo to heater core you will have hot heat fast in winder time without engine warming up. but may need to switch in summer time to not overheat hvac box.

I'm willing to bet the amount of heat that is coming out of the turbo would be negligible at the heater core. I'd rather keep the coolant as cool as possible going into the turbo. In the end, it probably doesn't matter much though.

The truck turbo is going on doesn't get driven on street much at all. Only put a couple hundred miles on it in the last year. I'm going to try to track down someone that will sell the plumbing kit for one of the Powermax turbos that Tate mentioned. I like the idea of hardlines better than running pushlok or braided hose. Plus I need the restrictor for oil inlet also.

I take it you're running this as a single? I'm running braided line as well as crimped hose on my BB twins with zero issues. Had I not had the lines at hand, I would have used crimped hose with JIC fittings. AFAIK, you do not need to add an oil restrictor on the turbo, it has one built in. I'm running -4 line to my GTX with no additional restrictor, haven't had any oil leaks, like through the seals.

I take it you're running this as a single? I'm running braided line as well as crimped hose on my BB twins with zero issues. Had I not had the lines at hand, I would have used crimped hose with JIC fittings. AFAIK, you do not need to add an oil restrictor on the turbo, it has one built in. I'm running -4 line to my GTX with no additional restrictor, haven't had any oil leaks, like through the seals.

Good info on the restrictor, I'll scratch that one off list. I just assumed I needed one since alot that I have read regarding BB turbos mentioned running one. Guess thats what I get for reading on ricer forums about turbos. :lolly:

Back