Gas Ford springs/ suspension

Meyers Farms

I have a 12v with nv4500 that I'm going to put in a Ford SD. Are there any differences between the diesel and gas front suspension? I'm currently looking for a Ford and trying to decide if gas is a viable option. I'm not looking to get into swapping springs or front suspensions.

If the suspensions are the same, what changes are required from a gas SD instead of a diesel SD?

I know intercooler, battery tray..... any other things?

Thanks a lot!

I have a 12v with nv4500 that I'm going to put in a Ford SD. Are there any differences between the diesel and gas front suspension? I'm currently looking for a Ford and trying to decide if gas is a viable option. I'm not looking to get into swapping springs or front suspensions.

If the suspensions are the same, what changes are required from a gas SD instead of a diesel SD?

I know intercooler, battery tray..... any other things?

Thanks a lot!

I know the v10 gasser have the same suspension I would think the 5.4 does too. The battery tray is not a big deal if you get a diesel SD you might have to move the passenger side battery to the drivers side to make room for your intake anyway. You will need a charge air cooler and CAC tubes, fuel filler neck for diesel and a diesel guage cluster. Might need to get a 7.3 or 6.0 radiator too. maybe an Airdog or FASS to get enough fuel to the injection pump.

There might be other stuff IDK.

i swapped a 5.9 into a 5.4gas the filler neck a intercooler the springs are the same just use the sensors out of the 5.4 the battery tray i just made a double one and powercoated it and moved it to the driverside i used the 5.4 alternator and ofcourse heaver battery cables. i think thats it.

Thanks guys. I know the tray is not big deal just trying to think of stuff. I was planning on a fass or airdog. I thought maybe the springs for a gasser might be weaker than the diesel springs?

ozone burner...you used the gas gauge cluster? I was thinking I could use it and adapt the sensors to fit in the cummins.

Again thanks! Im almost finished with my engine just trying to find the right truck to put it in.

yes i used the gas gauge cluster and for the tach to work i went with a dakota digital set upthat counts your flywheel teeth

alrighty, guess I'll keep my eyes open for a gas truck too then. thanks for the info

I know the v10 sd with the plow prep pkg. has the same springs as the diesel sd. Feel free to take a look at my gallery have some pic's of how mine is setup.

I know the v10 sd with the plow prep pkg. has the same springs as the diesel sd. Feel free to take a look at my gallery have some pic's of how mine is setup.

yours looks nice but your running a fram filter. :bang

picture.php

That was the only thing that parts store had at the time. Then was told not to use them after the fact. Been using Wix's filters from now on.

Back