gauge range and upgrades?

crabbelle

Banned
what are you guys running for fuel pressure gauges, just got a 95' 12 valve im not doing anything serious, i was thinking 30 psi but i cant find a mechanical 30 psi just 15 and 100. i also need oil temp. In my ford im using 140-300 should i buy the same or go 100-250? to make this even longer what set of sticks will give better mpg and how much will the stock hx-35 handle?

:redx: <<< though that was pretty funny

You don't really need to monitor fuel pressure or oil temp in a Cummins application. Oil temp will follow water temp since there's a large oil/coolant heat exchanger under the oil filter housing.

Fuel pressure could be checked with a cheap fuel pressure gauge from your local Napa, normally it's not monitored unless there's something suspect in the fuel delivery system.

Most 12 valve guys would to PYRO (0-1600) Boost (0-60) and if an automatic trans they would jump on the tranny temp ... say I want to know fuel pressure, but like JoeFarmer mentioned you might only want to fill that need should fueling

For Sticks I would not jump up much more than a set of 370's.... I think there were a few sets for sale on here.

I got the fuel gauge if you can't find one..... Let us know.

Back