gauges in dash not working on 01

Matt62188

hey guys, i gotta 01 cummins i just put a edge drag comp and bd rad in and my volt, oil pressure, water temp, and fuel gauge don't work. i also put in an airdog fp-150. i'm certain everything is wired up right but i'll check it all out again. all my fuses are good too. my tach works too. don't know if speed works, don't have a rear driveshaft made for it yet. i'm sure it does if the tach works. mechanically oil pressure is good. just the 4 gauges in the dash aren't workin. let me know what ya'll think.
thanks,

matt

bd rad kills gauges when is on. throw it in the trash, get a smarty if you want the torque management gone

bd rad kills gauges when is on. throw it in the trash, get a smarty if you want the torque management gone

Don't tell this guy to throw the RAD in the trash Ryan, especially when you are clueless on this matter. On 01-02 trucks the SMARTY does not eliminate torque management.

Here is an example:The RAD only kills gauges when it's turned on. The RAD is necessary if you want to override torque management. NO, a SMARTY does not override TM on a 2nd gen. A couple years ago I was at the strip and thought the SMARTY would handle TM when launching. My truck would not build over 8psi of boost, and would drop off within a second of reaching 8psi. Needless to say my 60 ft sucked and my 1/4 mile time suffered (16.xx). Without changing anything except adding the RAD I ran again. This time my 60ft times were 1.6,1.7 and my 1/4 mile times were in the low 12's. DO NOT throw the RAD away if you want to eliminate TM.

Turn the RAD off unless you just want to romp it from a dead stop. They will kill gauges and tranny shafts both, consider yourself warned :D

VP revo software for the smarty has complete control of TM. MADS Electronics - Smarty - CaTCHER - REVO

scroll down to S03

Don't tell this guy to throw the RAD in the trash Ryan, especially when you are clueless on this matter. On 01-02 trucks the SMARTY does not eliminate torque management.

Here is an example:The RAD only kills gauges when it's turned on. The RAD is necessary if you want to override torque management. NO, a SMARTY does not override TM on a 2nd gen. A couple years ago I was at the strip and thought the SMARTY would handle TM when launching. My truck would not build over 8psi of boost, and would drop off within a second of reaching 8psi. Needless to say my 60 ft sucked and my 1/4 mile time suffered (16.xx). Without changing anything except adding the RAD I ran again. This time my 60ft times were 1.6,1.7 and my 1/4 mile times were in the low 12's. DO NOT throw the RAD away if you want to eliminate TM.

i was playin with the rad, and deffinetly have it turned off, i don't think its charging either. i'll have to see what i can figure out on it today when i get off work. maybe i just forgot to hook something up. when i hooked up my air dog, i did away with the stock fuel filter housing and just have them 2 wires unplugged that were plugged into it....don't think they would cause anything like that....but we'll see.

i was playin with the rad, and deffinetly have it turned off, i don't think its charging either. i'll have to see what i can figure out on it today when i get off work. maybe i just forgot to hook something up. when i hooked up my air dog, i did away with the stock fuel filter housing and just have them 2 wires unplugged that were plugged into it....don't think they would cause anything like that....but we'll see.

those 2 plugs from the canister are for the water in fuel light and fuel heater.

the rad is the only true way to get rid of TM. with it off you should have all your gauges. you might have another issue but it sounds like your bd rad is on.

well, when i flip it on my tach quits workin. when i flip it off, tach starts to work again but still no water temp, volt, oil, or fuel gauge.

well, when i flip the bd rad on, my tach quits workin. when i flip it off, my tach starts workin, but still no volt, fuel, oil, or water temp guages.

ok. truck runs great great. edge drag comp is hooked up right. bd rad is right. dtt tranny voltage regulator is right. checked all connections and i soldered everything instead of butt connectors. still have no fuel gauge, oil pressure, water temp, and voltage gauges. and it isn't charging either. ccd and no buss appear. ccd in overhead console and no buss in odometer read out. fuses all good. heard of an ol wives tail; unhook batteries for day or two. doubt that will work....but willin to try anything at this point.

well i had gauges before i tore the truck down and started building it up. i should have ran it when i got it back toghether and before i hooked up the rad and edge. i think i just got something thats not makein a good connection or isn't plugged in all the way, or maybe even a ground somewhere.

Let me add one thing, fried PCM, if you hooked everything up with the batteries connected you could have spiked the PCM. This is just a thought though, my best bet is a bad harness plug connection.

put it on another truck just like mine...same year, wheelbase, trans. etc. everything worked, that wasn't workin on mine.

Back