Gauging Interest in a New Class?

Runninlean

Say When racing
So a 10ish class has been discussed for a few years now. The debates has gone round and round and many have actually claimed they believe it at least worth looking into. I have proposed the idea of a class similar to a Top Dragster NHRA class.

This would be a something like a Indexed cap of 10.00 and a minimum dial of 11.50 in a bracket style format. Obviously all safety equipment for dial would be required and should pretty much be the same for all in the class as it sits on the safety break points. This helps keep it easy for Tech purposes. No weight, chassis, or drive line restrictions. I would leave it up to the organizer to determine starting tree.

If you are a NHRDA member and would be interested in running such a class I ask we start a list with out NHRDA# listed in an attempt to see how viable the class would be.

Interested or would leave their current class to run this one are lots different. I think the question should be asked. Do you not participate in the events because there isn't a class in this range? The response would be little to none.

I think the point of a new class would be to fill the gap between 11.90 and SS without hurting SS attendance. By going down to 10.0 you would be taking away from SS, I think even going to 10.50 would take away from SS.

To me it makes more sense to add a 10.90 index to the current 11.90 index. That fills the gap between SS and 11.90 and won't take as much if any away from SS.

I'm down with the double index idea too. Just seems to make the most sense, and if enough 10.90 trucks show up on a regular basis, split the class then.

I think the point of a new class would be to fill the gap between 11.90 and SS without hurting SS attendance. By going down to 10.0 you would be taking away from SS, I think even going to 10.50 would take away from SS.

To me it makes more sense to add a 10.90 index to the current 11.90 index. That fills the gap between SS and 11.90 and won't take as much if any away from SS.

Super street trucks are already running 9.30's and getting faster all the time. A 10.90 index would still leave a pretty big gap. However, 10.90 is still a big jump from 11.90, so maybe it's dead on.

As has been said before, this in-between class may take away from the 11.90 index, and some from super street, but it will eventually feed super street as people improve on their trucks.

Good lord here we go with the debate again.. Not the point of this thread but apparently its going to keep coming up.

Interested or would leave their current class to run this one are lots different. I think the question should be asked. Do you not participate in the events because there isn't a class in this range? The response would be little to none.

First why would you have to leave another class? If you can run consistent numbers back to back in this class you should be able to handle running a slower class. Many people already double class between SM and SD and some even double class SS and PS depending on the turnout. If you could run this class and SD or SS how is that a bad thing?

If you can run SS and be competitive in it do you think those guys wouldn't consider double classing? I mean damn typical SS class is like 3 rounds of eliminations. Slowing down to run a bracket should be little issues for those trucks if they wanted to. :doh:

God forbid we look at adding a class that could potentially go 6 rounds of eliminations..

I like the 10:50 idea better since other organizations are doing it already and quite honestly it fits my truck and many others I can think of....... But I will take anything at this point. Write me down NHRDA number 5722

You have what one Outlaw race that does the 10.50? I'm fine with a 10.50 index but again I think it leaves a pretty big gap still and will defiantly effect the SS numbers IMO.

You have what one Outlaw race that does the 10.50? I'm fine with a 10.50 index but again I think it leaves a pretty big gap still and will defiantly effect the SS numbers IMO.

I believe he is referring to the bountiful of gasser events that have a 10.5 index class. Id be down for a 10.9 index class even though i never race... :doh:

I like the 10:50 idea better since other organizations are doing it already and quite honestly it fits my truck and many others I can think of....... But I will take anything at this point. Write me down NHRDA number 5722

This year bash on bayou, TS, hpt truck race, TX2K14. Half gas half diesel. As fast as these trucks are getting 10:50 will be a middle number before you know it. That is all I will say to not derail this any further. My bad....

I would be up for either class. I don't compete in any NHRDA races because our truck does not fit into a class. It is too hard to slow to 11.90 and not nearly fast enough for SS. There are becoming more and more street driven common rails that can run high 10's-low 11's that would fit this class well.

Brett Deutsch 6249 I would be in. It cost to much to hang in PS with the big boys and still keep my truck as a driver

I believe he is referring to the bountiful of gasser events that have a 10.5 index class. Id be down for a 10.9 index class even though i never race... :doh:

Would you actually race the class proposed?

I agree with the 10.50 class's but I honestly think this benefits a larger group of trucks and lets be honest we need to try and get all the trucks we can going down the track..

1 Snowden #5603
2 Chris Reed #6880
3 Blane Reed
4 Max #5722
5 ? #5657
6 Phale (would be new entry do to fitting the class)
7 Deutsch #6249

Would defiantly be interested in this class, building truck now but pocket book is not ss status yet so I would much rather build for this class. Ndhra number coming soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk el jefa

Back