Gear shaft threads stripped?

Triple 7

Black Smoke Sickness
Has anyone had the threads on their gear shaft strip on them? I was looking at my pump today before I send it to Seth and notice that the threads on the shaft that hold the pump gear on look like they are starting to strip. Anyone else had this issue? They are not terrible yet but once I put the gear on and torque the nut down it may become a problem. Any advice would be great.

P4110123.jpg

P4110125.jpg

The nut stripped on the shaft, all we had to do was chase the shaft threads with a die and we were good to go. It sure scared the crap out of us though.

If Seth is getting the pump have him take a look at them, I am sure he can let you know if you need a new shaft of if they will be OK.

That pic makes me feel a little better. My threads are not quite as bad as that pump.

That was pure nut material, just chased the threads and it was good to go. I would assume that is your case also, the nut started to strip leaving material that is making it look like the threads are starting to strip.

I sure hope so, we will see. Do you remember the thread size? Im on my phone headed over to a buddy's now so maybe I can pick up the die while im there.

Back