Gear Vendors

KillerQuad

M. Tyler Moore
Has anyone tried to put the Gear vendors Over/Under Drive system on their Towing Vehicle ???

Just curious if it is a good upgrade and Do they even make them yet for the 48re 06 dodge 4 speeds ???

Thier website only shows up to a 47re not the 48 .... Also, im looking for it for a 4x4 ...

Anyone with any info will be greatly appreciated ... But i also think that with the price of the Gear Vendors set up i might as well put the 5 speed ally in my truck that i have sitting in my shop ...

:Cheer:

how about 2 of them behind your 48re and 200mph on the dyno. contact Reb from Browns Diesel in my sig. he has the setup ^ and its crazy. holds 1300hp so they are strong.

So will this work for towing ??? ... I am just not sure how the unit really works . . . That is why i am asking ...

So will this work for towing ??? ... I am just not sure how the unit really works . . . That is why i am asking ...

PM crabelle, he has one on his truck and he tows alot I think. Haven't heard anything bad about them. Only downfall is they bolt on BEHIND the TC, so you can put one on a 4x4 I believe, but you can only use it in 2wd.

PM crabelle, he has one on his truck and he tows alot I think. Haven't heard anything bad about them. Only downfall is they bolt on BEHIND the TC, so you can put one on a 4x4 I believe, but you can only use it in 2wd.

the gear vendors unit can only be used in 2wd and can not be used in 4x4 but i know crabelle is getting 33 mpg with his 5speed 12v.

What about the 4x4 section on their page ??? GEAR VENDORS 4x4

Is it not the same thing ?

Like i said im not 100% sure how these work and i have never seen one in person to figure one out ... So, Be gentle ... :kick:

:thankyou2:

I have use a GearVendors unit on Project X Diesel with slicks and full power shifts , in three years never broke one.
The NX Mustang has one ,as well as my Dragster .
I am a GearVendor Dealer if you want to know all the in's and outs of these units on a Diesel Trucks

Well, Then, does it and would it work on my 2006 Dodge Mega Cab 4x4 Auto ???

i had one behind my puller when it was my work truck. i had it in there last year too. only works in 2wd, but it held 600hp. dropped my rpms by 500 whe cruising on the highway. 4mpg better. they work great, you just have to be up to speed before you ehgage it. too bad its just on the shop floor now.

Back