Gearing ?

Acorn 616

I'm going from Nitto 420's(32" tall), down to a M&H drag radial(28" tall). Right now the truck has 4:10's, and I have a set of 3:73's ready to go in, but I'm pondering a 3:42 now:bangAny opinions, would be appreciated:thankyou2:

The 3.42s would definately be better...I want to go 3.07s in my truck but they are hard to come by

i went from 32' toyos to 28" nitto Drag radials and also had 4.10's could not run threw 1/4 so went to 3.42's. it cost over 1K but its worth it

i went from 32' toyos to 28" nitto Drag radials and also had 4.10's could not run threw 1/4 so went to 3.42's. it cost over 1K but its worth it

That's what I'm afraid of. I was trapping around 121 with the 32' tires, so I'm thinking I'm outta gear now. Only way to find out is hit the track I guess:lolly:

Sooooo, I went to the track today. I'm definitely out of gear!:bang, but I did make a few low 11sec passes. Best of the day was 11.08@110.

Looking at it glass half full though. That's the fastest this truck has been:rockwoot:

holy crap.. I think 4.10's are too low with 35's... That things gotta be screaming..

Nice run though :rockwoot:

the video said said SGMP i was just wondering, we were supposed to go there today but thought the weather would be to bad

the video said said SGMP i was just wondering, we were supposed to go there today but thought the weather would be to bad

Yeah, first pass blew the tires off, but as the day went on it got pretty good. I have heard it was a nice track, and I was impressed. Are you in Ga?

in in savannah, its about a 3 hour ride. Ive never been but my friends say its one of the best tracks.

im trapping 131 with my 33's and 3.42 gears...... i think if i had 3.73 gears i could get moving out the hole a little better

Back