gears ?

biged681985

Arklahoma Bombers
i recently tore the rear pinion out of my truck. i have 3.55 gear in my dana 70. i have a guy i go to church with that is gonna give me a free set of 4.56 gears that cam out of a 90 model dana 60 front and dana 70 rear. my question is, will the 4.56 be to low of a gears for pulling with my setup? im pulling with 35x12.50 tires

The question is what happens when the 70 breaks again, then you have to pay for another set of gears etc.

im getting these gears givin to me, so they aint costing me anything. thats y ima try them out. im not sure if they are even gonna work

If you set them up yourself your ok, but when they break again, is what folks are saying.

Actually I think you need a new carrier for the rear. The split on the 70 is 4.10. I am not sure if a ring gear spacer is available for a 70 or not.

i know what there sayin, but i dont have $500-1000+ bucks for a dana 80

What Dan is trying to say is if you know how to set those gears up yourself then yes, buy a carrier and install them. If you do not know how to set up a ring and pinion you will be money ahead to just buy a new 3.55 R&P for your D70 and save your pennies for a D80 because the D70 flat out WILL NOT hold up to seld pulling.

Back