Get into the 12's

stroke this

I just recently bought an 06 GMC and will soon have a stage 4 suncoast on the way . Im wanting to run in the 12's, what is the best way to get me there? Ive heard alot of good things about EFI. This is all new to me its my first duramax i swapped over from dodge.

Hey Justin. EFI Live will definately do it. I know someone that can hook you up with a killer tune for that lbz and won't run much timing at all. PPE is also getting lbz's into the 12's. They're about the only two that I know of at the moment. You just have to decide if you like the laptop approach and continue to tweak the tunes as you further mod the truck or just get a plug and play programmer like you dodge guys do;) Let me know if you wanna get together in BG and I'll show you some of the finer points of EFI;)

Built trans, exhaust, EFI live, billet pickup in the fuel tank and a good lift pump that should do 12.9-12.8 all day long, Mcrat or IdahoRob for the tune and some front and rear spring clamps

skintback said:
Built trans, exhaust, EFI live, billet pickup in the fuel tank and a good lift pump that should do 12.9-12.8 all day long, Mcrat or IdahoRob for the tune and some front and rear spring clamps

.......What does this combo and times equate to in RWHP and at what Weight for a Dmax????????

"CUMMINS GUYS KEEP IT STRAIGHT!! THOSE OTHER GUYS SWING BOTH WAYS!!"

:Cheer: :Cheer: :Cheer: although i dont race/pull... just a diesel enth. here... welecome to the world of Duramax, the only engine capable of running with and beating the cummins engine.

yes, EFI live and PPE are both two awesome ways to go. ATS has some nice parts for these trucks as well... looking into an ATS trans down the road.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Get some tie rod sleeves too if you're planning on doing some 4 wheel boosted launches. Ppe or EFI live would be your best bet. Good luck and you'd prolly need to put that truck on a diet!

Tie Rod sleeves are cheap insurance. TTS can get a truck into the 12's too. Congrats on getting your biggest issue solved already (trans.)

I ran low 12's at 7300 lbs with bolt ons and EFI live but PPE controls more tables than EFI live. PPE can also change your RPM limit in the LBZ. My only trip to the strip this year got me a 11.8 and 118 mph on #2 with a pulling truck.

Big Swole said:
.......What does this combo and times equate to in RWHP and at what Weight for a Dmax????????

If your trans shifts hard, about 500rwhp should get you into the 12's if your truck is under 7000 pounds.

Whats the best transmission for the duramax as far as racing goes? i was fixing to order a stage 4 suncoast but i haven't heard much about them!!!

stroke this said:
Whats the best transmission for the duramax as far as racing goes? i was fixing to order a stage 4 suncoast but i haven't heard much about them!!!

We have MikeL Suncoasts in all 3 of your trucks :woohoo:

Tony Burkhard said:
I ran low 12's at 7300 lbs with bolt ons and EFI live but PPE controls more tables than EFI live. PPE can also change your RPM limit in the LBZ. My only trip to the strip this year got me a 11.8 and 118 mph on #2 with a pulling truck.

that is awsome man :bow: , thats like srt 4, or 350z numbers they run like 12.5 stock, i dont much care for the drag racing, i like pulling, but dam if i could get my truck to do 12 flat to 12.5 it would get some of my budies off my back, they all have ricers so u can gess what kind of stuff i get sometimes, what do u think i would have to do to get my 6,820 pound truck to do low 12s, my future mods are FASS pump (i getting that for christmass thats whyits b4 the tranny) ATS stage 2, duel cp3, also beefing up the front end in the process, in that order, u think i can get low 12s with that combo

Mr.YFZ450 said:
that is awsome man :bow: , thats like srt 4, or 350z numbers they run like 12.5 stock, i dont much care for the drag racing, i like pulling, but dam if i could get my truck to do 12 flat to 12.5 it would get some of my budies off my back, they all have ricers so u can gess what kind of stuff i get sometimes, what do u think i would have to do to get my 6,820 pound truck to do low 12s, my future mods are FASS pump (i getting that for christmass thats whyits b4 the tranny) ATS stage 2, duel cp3, also beefing up the front end in the process, in that order, u think i can get low 12s with that combo

an ATS stage 2? WTF??:bang :bang dont waste your money. At the very least get a Stage III Suncoast. And just adding a Dual cp3 wont do jack **** without the turbo being upgraded. With a tranny, proper EFI Live tune, 4x4 and a great 60' say 1.7 you might be able to hit 12.8. Get a turbo you;ll hit 12.5. Get a dual cp3 you could hit 11's but you could bend your rods very fast.

JQmile said:
Tie Rod sleeves are cheap insurance. TTS can get a truck into the 12's too. Congrats on getting your biggest issue solved already (trans.)

How can TTS put an LBZ in the 12's? Steve can't tune LLY's, LBZ's or LMM,s(unless you want a 50hp tow tune which is only available for the LLY, his imaginary PLIII is still under development has been for several years.. Only LB7's and owe ya if you have an endless fund for transmissions then ya Cole can get you in the 12's but if you are like normal enthusiasts and you dont have endless funds for transmissions I would stay away from TTS(his TCM's break parts).

Last edited:
ive seen steves lly programming run 13.0s onan all stock truck and it was hot lapping not just once,and by stock i mean all stock tranny as well.as far as the ppe hot 2 with a suncaost tranny and a pusher pump and egr delete you can go 12s

paint94979 said:
an ATS stage 2? WTF??:bang :bang dont waste your money. At the very least get a Stage III Suncoast. And just adding a Dual cp3 wont do jack **** without the turbo being upgraded. With a tranny, proper EFI Live tune, 4x4 and a great 60' say 1.7 you might be able to hit 12.8. Get a turbo you;ll hit 12.5. Get a dual cp3 you could hit 11's but you could bend your rods very fast.

wait a stage 3 suncoast is better then a ats stage 2, from what i know a ats stage 2 can handle from 700 to 800 rwhp where a SC stage 3 can only handle 500rwhp, well was not looking to upgrade the turbo just yet, its a work in progress i dont have that kind of money to put up front, you know, i was only asking where those mods would get me,

ats changed their transmission labeling a while back. a stage 2 assembly is like the old stage V from what i understand. i have the stage 1 assembly which is the same as stage 2 minus the co-pilot.

bones said:
ive seen steves lly programming run 13.0s onan all stock truck and it was hot lapping not just once,and by stock i mean all stock tranny as well.as far as the ppe hot 2 with a suncaost tranny and a pusher pump and egr delete you can go 12s

This is the biggest punch of bs i have ever heard. My FULLY Stock tranny with out anything done to it only got me to 13.52@102 mph. I can maybe see a six speed tranny do it. But a 5 speed thats about the biggest crock of crap i have ever heard:eek:wned:

duramaxin14 said:
This is the biggest punch of bs i have ever heard. My FULLY Stock tranny with out anything done to it only got me to 13.52@102 mph. I can maybe see a six speed tranny do it. But a 5 speed thats about the biggest crock of crap i have ever heard:eek:wned:
you better know who you are talking about before spewing off like that!!!!This guy knows what he's talking about(put that in your pipe and smoke it)!!!!!!!!:eek:wned: :eek:wned: :eek:wned: :eek:wned: :eek:wned:

Back