Get Ready- DIVISION 5- North East Points Series....

BigNasty4x4 said:
Sled pulls or not, I still plan on joining and attending to support those who do race...though this just feeds the fire of the desire to build a 2wd truck... :evil:
That's the right attitude ! We are all diesel loving folks and looking to gather together at different events for some smoke filled fun lovin good times !

Tell your sooty loving friends!!:rockwoot: :hehe:

RacinDuallie said:
That's the right attitude ! We are all diesel loving folks and looking to gather together at different events for some smoke filled fun lovin good times !

Tell your sooty loving friends!!:rockwoot: :hehe:

My soot loving friends here it all the time!! ha ha

Have you guys approached the track in Delmar for any events? US13 Dragway...

Sledpuller said:
Thompson dragway supposedly use to have a pulling track. NADM would be glad work with you guys on a pull or two.

Gene,

we are still busy nailing down our new schedule of events. If a potential sled pull event comes up- I'll have my people call your people, and we'll discuss.....

:thankyou2:

RacinDuallie said:

There ya go Jeff, stay in touch.:thankyou2:

believe me when I tell ya there are a ton of guys up here interested in the sport. Its just hard for them to drive 4hrs plus with work family etc to races like MD PA etc from upper new engand. if you guys start running stuff up into new england I will bust my butt talking up the events on our regional forum and do my best to get people to attend.
For example New england dragway in epping NH had a diesel day last fall and the turnout was tremendous! The people who attended were from the new england area, some still having to drive 3+hrs but thats not bad cause its one of the only games in town.
Another event I attended last year and participated in was at Lebanon valley in NY and was hosted by DDRA was also well attended by diesels, but IMHO could have been better if DDRA was a little more aggressive in advertising/soliciting there events.
Its alot of work but I hope it pays off for you Jeff as the guy who makes all the calls and for us the enthusiasts who want to come and have some fun.
Thanks, Jim

believe me when I tell ya there are a ton of guys up here interested in the sport. Its just hard for them to drive 4hrs plus with work family etc to races like MD PA etc from upper new engand. if you guys start running stuff up into new england I will bust my butt talking up the events on our regional forum and do my best to get people to attend.
For example New england dragway in epping NH had a diesel day last fall and the turnout was tremendous! The people who attended were from the new england area, some still having to drive 3+hrs but thats not bad cause its one of the only games in town.
Another event I attended last year and participated in was at Lebanon valley in NY and was hosted by DDRA was also well attended by diesels, but IMHO could have been better if DDRA was a little more aggressive in advertising/soliciting there events.
Its alot of work but I hope it pays off for you Jeff as the guy who makes all the calls and for us the enthusiasts who want to come and have some fun.
Thanks, Jim
Thats the beauty of this sport. It takes people like you to help the NHRDA and the DDRA or even the DHRA to make the events a good turn out. Hell with the little event we (Grand Rock) did last year, we had a good turn out. If you help spread the word, these events will get bigger and badder every year.

Rumor has it that there will be a television film crew at the Division 5 Points Meet Finals which is a Big 2 Day Event........

Let's just say the best better bring it- shined up and ready for battle:evil ......

I'm also stepping in and looking into setting up some Live Web Cam Feeds for some Live Diesel Racing Action..........:rockwoot: :evil :pop:

Thompson dragway supposedly use to have a pulling track. NADM would be glad work with you guys on a pull or two.
I'm going to look into getting a sled track at Thompson Drag Raceway. They have the room, just gotta see how serious they are about it. I know LOTS of people who would help build the track... Oh, and is it June 28th yet?
This would be awesome! Make this happen, please!
One question though. This points thing doesnt interest me too much since i cant make all the events. Will the events at Thompson have just exhibition and no points racing and pulling for joe schmo like me? I just wanna get out and have some fun runnin the truck.

Last edited:
Signal 73 said:
Thanks, Jim
Same thing goes for us marylanders that have to go up in the upper north east to race over 10 hours away!!! maybe a upper new england series is in the works?

RacinDuallie said:
Rumor has it that there will be a television film crew at the Division 5 Points Meet Finals which is a Big 2 Day Event........

Let's just say the best better bring it- shined up and ready for battle:evil ......

I'm also stepping in and looking into setting up some Live Web Cam Feeds for some Live Diesel Racing Action..........:rockwoot: :evil :pop:
OH, and it will be big too. very nice facility, i'll give a subtle hint..... "The hookenest track on the east coast". :rockwoot:

They are all close to you guys one trip a year wouldnt kill you.Will you be in CA next month???????????

BigB82789 said:
This would be awesome! Make this happen, please!
One question though. This points thing doesnt interest me too much since i cant make all the events. Will the events at Thompson have just exhibition and no points racing and pulling for joe schmo like me? I just wanna get out and have some fun runnin the truck.

Good question. Jeff...:poke: Can non-nhrda members race in non-points bracket? How does that work? As for the pulling, I'm still waiting to hear back from the track managment there. If I can, I'd like to talk him into adding a 1/8 mile dirt drag on the same track...:evil: now THAT would be fun....:rockwoot:

Robertp said:
Same thing goes for us marylanders that have to go up in the upper north east to race over 10 hours away!!! maybe a upper new england series is in the works?

The upper NorthEast? I can go 8 hours north of here & still be in New England.
The last 2 times Ive crossed the bay bridge coming home it was 7-8 hours to here.

About MIR
Ive heard MIR is a nice facility, but has been unfriendly to diesels in the past, but maybe theyve changed.

It's ONLY $40.00 for the membership fee- which you get your membership card- decals- and a nice NHRDA T-shirt..... Plus by being a member it allows you to earn NHRDA Sponsor Contingency Money for round wins and class wins.....

It's a great investment- and you will be a part of the fastest growing Diesel Motorsports Associations......:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Noreaster said:
About MIR
Ive heard MIR is a nice facility, but has been unfriendly to diesels in the past, but maybe theyve changed.

No clue where you heard this- Royce and the crew at M.I.R. seem to be pretty receptive to diesel racing......:thankyou2:

RacinDuallie said:
It's ONLY $40.00 for the membership fee- which you get your membership card- decals- and a nice NHRDA T-shirt..... Plus by being a member it allows you to earn NHRDA Sponsor Contingency Money for round wins and class wins.....

It's a great investment- and you will be a part of the fastest growing Diesel Motorsports Associations......:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

This is true...a great investment...but you didnt really answer the question...can a non-nhrda member race?....:poke: drink some coffee, and get back to me on that...LOL LOL :hehe: :hehe: LOL

If it is a sanctioned NHRDA event, yes they must have a membership. As Jeff said, you get a T-shirt and decal so the membership is only about $20.00 if you look at it that way. I am also working out details with a few vendors for NHRDA card carrying members to receive a discount on products ordered.

Ill be applying for my membership as soon as the state gives me back my bank account :bang

Twisted Shifter said:
If it is a sanctioned NHRDA event, yes they must have a membership. As Jeff said, you get a T-shirt and decal so the membership is only about $20.00 if you look at it that way. I am also working out details with a few vendors for NHRDA card carrying members to receive a discount on products ordered.
Let's just say the T-shirt has a way of attracting the ladies:evil :poke:

:hehe:

Back