Getting a rollbar

RCCX

Need a sponsor
I have my truck at Joe Hellmanns,and getting a rollbar installed,I though I would share the progress with everyone.

I will post the underside first and will post the interior pics as I get them.

cr intake dimensionscr rollbar 023.jpg

cr intake dimensionscr rollbar 024.jpg

cr intake dimensionscr rollbar 026.jpg

Nice! Joe welds pretty good for a blind feller.

I'm a little surprised that you are cutting the truck up!

Are there specs the you/we have to follow on that setup! It's been a long time since I've looked at those specs and what will the cage cert for time wise.

Nice aviatar......you guy are cracking me up with your creativity.

Jim

The cage is being done with minimal cutting to the truck,thats why Joe is doing it.Hes got most of it done and the truck could be put back stock with minimal work.I didnt want to do the cage,but I guess safety is a good idea,and I cant run at the track anymore without it.

Has to be legal to run at Houston Raceway park.There are some grey areas dealing with this subject and I dont want start a cage war,but it is being built to what the local nhra tech at the track said it needed to be.

Joe knows how to weld?

j/k.
Looking good. Cant go wrong with Hellmann.

PTSUPERD said:
Joe knows how to weld?

j/k.
Looking good. Cant go wrong with Hellmann.

Dangit Garrett!!! That's exactly what I was gonna post! :D

Looking good RC , keep the pics coming , I think I am going to have to do the same thing ,so I am very interested how it turns out just wish we had a Joe up here !! The rules on the bars are very vague , I think if you stick with the NHRA rules that will probably over ride any thing else . Cause you hate to put all that into it and find out it wont comply at the track your racing at.

Just got back from picking up a load of 1/3/4 .083 CM tubing, to get ready for the ECTA , we are doing the bar to NHRA spec, will have a 1 3/4 hoop behind the driver with a 1 3/4 hoop behind the rear seat up to the window level . Talked to NHRA several times this week, and working out a few ways to do this.

In these trucks, or any car, if you installing a roll bar, the tubing shall be 1 ¾ .110, mild steel or .083 CM. With the exception of the bar behind the seat. If you chose to do a complete cage then you can use 1.5/8 tubing. I think you need to step up to the larger tubing in this heavy of a vehicle. In any case Project X Diesel is ready for the standing mile. We found out that we will have to run A/DT, because we have a turbo charger, this is requiring us to run two classes higher then the C/DT class a 5.9 Cummins is sized for

Is anyone posting dimensions? I'm interested in main hoop height from the floor, shoulder bar height where it meets the main hoop, the length the shoulder bar is from the main hoop (where it meets the floor) and the length of the rear bars.

Thanks!
bnraond.

the hoop has to be 1 inch or more above your head the side bars have to pass between your hip and shoulder the rest is were it gets a little vage

I thought NHRA spec'd .134 wall dom mild steel tubing unless chromoly??? This is what I had on my Chevelle a few years back...?

looks good
i hade mine done a few months ago and i was really happy with how my guy did it, i will have to post some pics some time
robert

Back