Getting it tuned in and lost a clylinder.

Blackbumper

Could be worse!
Here are a couple of pulls from this weekend light class ran well running about 4400 and ran very clean in the middle took 1st. And yes I know I need to play with the weight some more with my passenger tire not spinning the last 25 foot. Heavy class ran hard but in the end lost a head gasket and the number two cylinder broke the oil ring taking part of the landing with it, weird thing is you can't see were the headgasket blew out around the top of the cylinder but the material on it is falling apart all around #2. Ouch!

http://video.competitiondiesel.com/video/9b03bcc9-956b-464f-8159-9af600f534c2.htm

That sucks, wonder why it blew? Did you get a chance to run the smaller housing, maybe causing higher drive pressures?

It looked good though...

I was running the .9 65 psi boost and 65 to 70 drive. Egt's did get toasty at 1850 mid track. I'm sure that had alot to do with with it piston expanding faster than the block but the top of the pistons looked fine.

As you metioned in the other thread you didn't know what the piston to wall clearence was, any idea what the max most run? Spec is what? I like a few thou over myself but I have heard of .004 over!

The last time I had my head off I could see some scuffing and could tell it needed more clearence. My vote for you would be to hone it and put it back together add a little more water and deal with it after the season. The truck does sound good, better now then before.

Jim

Back