Getting the 6.4 lined out. In-Cab Video

BIGRPOWR

SBTTFMF
i've had my truck at elite diesel in colorado for a month now, i got fuel rails, nozzles, ported heads, fuel system, upgraded turbo's, egr delete and wastegate, elite/suncoast fully built tranny, cfm intake, and im sure some other stuff i'm forgetting, but here's an in-cab of the initial testing, this is done at 6000ft in colorado. i'd say it might have some balls down here at sea level!!

p.s. i asked tadd to do a burnout video, it snapped the intermediate shaft in the process, the only non billett part in the trans. that problem was addressed.

4hi 10psi boosted launch, speedo moving faster , stock 310 tune-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbVvGE34S7U

Maybe now that thing will actually make some power LOL! j/k

What are the specs on the turbos if you dont mind telling us.

Glad to see someone pushing the 6.4 it should do great.

That thing is moving for sure, now just wait till it starts bottle feeding :evil

Anxiously awaits the "so my truck is getting a cage" thread :rockwoot:

So Mike, when do you want to race my dodge? LOL,,, seriously though that is awesome! I am really glad to see someone really start to push these 6.4's you should bring that thing down to kansas in september,, be fun

What are the specs on the turbos if you dont mind telling us.

Glad to see someone pushing the 6.4 it should do great.

if i can run anywhere near what you do i will be a very happy man!! at 8k its a bit tougher!!

So Mike, when do you want to race my dodge? LOL,,, seriously though that is awesome! I am really glad to see someone really start to push these 6.4's you should bring that thing down to kansas in september,, be fun

we'll see how the year goes. thanks buddy!!! and no..i want none of the doge.

5 second 0-60 (assuming the speedo is correct).

not bad. :)
i saw it about 4 seconds..but regardless at 600ft on fuel, if its close to that i am happy!! as well i launch a good bit harder than 10 psi !!!

flying out next weekend to get it!!

I think that you are going to be very happy with it Mike,, well at least till the next new part comes out,, LOL... at least that is the way it goes for me

I think that you are going to be very happy with it Mike,, well at least till the next new part comes out,, LOL... at least that is the way it goes for me

yeah i hear ya... coming from a built 7.3 i know very well something else is gonna break!! but i will be very happy to drive around with 6+ at the push of the foot, knowing i dont even need the bottle on to put some whippins down, and have a very street mannered rig with bluetooth, sunroof, and all the other new goodies, just like you got!! thanks for the vote of confidence, it means even more coming from a canuck!

I hope to catch up with you at one of the upcoming races this year. It would be great to sit down over a beverage or 2

I knew you weren't too pu$$y to keep pushing it. lol

Maybe I should have stuck with the idea of buying a 6.4 instead of my Duramax?

Nah

I hope to catch up with you at one of the upcoming races this year. It would be great to sit down over a beverage or 2

no doubt..and it wont be sweet tea either!!!

Very nice! I love the way that transmission is just bangin through the gears :rockwoot:
i was pretty shocked myself at how responsive the shifting sounded like!

I knew you weren't too pu$$y to keep pushing it. lol

Maybe I should have stuck with the idea of buying a 6.4 instead of my Duramax?

Nah

dmax is a great motor..cant knock that one. as for the pu$$y..maybe i shoulda been, i feel myself going right back to the same place i was before..lol

dmax is a great motor..cant knock that one. as for the pu$$y..maybe i shoulda been, i feel myself going right back to the same place i was before..lol

I'm headed back the same way too, I've had mine three months and I'm getting a tranny and turbo, maybe twins as soon as work lets up so I have time to get it done. lol I just can't help it, I know what 1000hp feels like when you get in the throttle and 450-500 ain't sh!t

Good luck! I hope the bottom holds together for a long time.

Looked like around 12-12.5 seconds 0-100. Not bad at all.

Back