GM Driveline Parts...

Chris Tobin

We finally finished the gear change and axle upgrade in my 2001 LB7 Chevy Silverado and I have some of the old parts available if anyone needs/wants them...

Here's what I have:

9.25-inch Front Ring and Pinion 3.73 ratio. It looks to have a good wear pattern, I never noticed any noises or anything abnormal with it.

IFS Center Axle Disconnect Axle stafts and hardware. Again I never noticed any problems out of them and all looks well.

AAM 14-bolt 11.5-inch Rear Ring and Pinion 3.73 ratio. Gears have good wear pattern and look fine, but the crush sleeve was damaged and we found two chunks of metal that look to be spider gear pieces in the fluid passage in the front of the housing. Should still be fine if you need a set of 3.73 gears...

AAM 14-bolt 11.5-inch factory G80 differential. Did not seem to operate well as the truck would spin one tire most of the time...

Both factory 30-spline rear axle shafts. They seem to be in good working order with no obvious twists or flaws.

I also still have most of the stock front suspension parts including the torsion bars, sway bar, control arms and so on if you need anything from that pile of parts...

Let me know if there is anything that you need and what you are willing to pay for it, buyer pays all shipping or you can pick it up in Dayton, TN or possibly at an event I am covering with special arangements. I'll check back as often as I can. Obviously these parts are used and there is no warranty expressed or implied. The truck has 363,000 or so miles on it now and most of the parts have presumably been on the truck since birth. But judging by the spider gear chunks in the rear I assume the diff exploded and was replaced with another factory locker...

Take care,
Chris

Last edited:
Back