GM Trucks - 1/4 MILLION + mile club

TheVan

Respect the van
Post a pic of your odometer and your're in

Here's what has been posted so far (on other forums)

1 - lotsofmiles - 2007 LBZ 276,000
2 - 86 Burgandyss - 2007 LBZ 550,000
3 - Chris Tobin - 01 LB7 353,000
4 - Reefermax - 2006 LLY. 250,000

Eric merchant has an 01 with 700k+ but it's on it's second engine. Trans only has shift kit & pressure mod. Even stock convector. I think it's the second trans though? Can't remember for sure.

chevy? no chevy truck but i have a 1983 cutlass with the stock engine never been torn into (3.8 v6) with over 500k. close enough to a chevy right?

367 on a 03 lb7, just put new injectors in it...(PITA), runs like it did when it was new. Just pulled the heads on a 01, more miles and the cylinders are in perfect shape. We put 1M on a few of are OTR trucks and I have no doubt these would do it as well.

I know, i know, those miles are a sketchy area to ford and dodge owners. :poke:

I seen a 1st gen with 985k on the stock long block. 2nd getrag, and 2nd ve pump. The amount I've seen over 300k I cant count.

I've seen 7.3's in the 600k plus range.

I'm curious what these new DPF trucks will do before needing a rebuild??? I think the ones that overfuel to regen the DPF will not last near as long as our older diesels do bacuase of oil dilution/fuel contanimation. I think the bores and bearings will show issues earlier than most people expect. I think this will especially be the case with the RVer Grandpa type crowd that left them completely stock and followed the recomended service intervals... What do you guys think?

By the way my 350,000 LB7 short block looked great inside the cylinder bores when Fleece pulled the heads to repair the blown headgaskets... I think as long as we don't get too stupid with power on it, it will last for another 350K or more...

i have 404k on my 05 and had to replace one injector. It still runs awesome

Just bought an 03 that's 6K shy of the 1/4million mark. Should hit it in a month or two tough. It's had injectors,CP3,maybe a trans but IDK and some other minor stuff. It's been used really hard.
My 01 is getting close but has had everything but the front diff replaces at least once. It's a sledpullerthough.

Last edited:
I seen a 1st gen with 985k on the stock long block. 2nd getrag, and 2nd ve pump.

Old but...

That truck was probably a decade older than the very first dmax...give them some time :poke:

How about 200,000 on a 1800cc Honda VTX motorcycle?

Last edited:
Maybe for the motor but the piece of sh$t its surrounded by is junk before 100k...

Maybe for the motor but the piece of sh$t its surrounded by is junk before 100k...

lol. I guess it depends on where you live. In NY, everything rots in 10 years, so you never really get to see anything break from use.

Yeah, because GM's are so much better.....they're all pop cans anymore, good luck with any of them not rotting away around the engine....except for all the LMM's, 6.4L's, and 6.7L's that add their own extra gallon or more in a 5K mile oil change...those might not last long enough....

Chris

Update to 2 - 600,000+!!!!!!!

1: TheStepChild - 2007 LBZ 300,000+
2: 86Burgandyss - 2007LBZ - 600,000+
3: Chris Tobin - 353,000 +
4: Reefermax - 2006LLY 250,000+

Back