Going to the track this weekend with a few upgrades

Dragram440

I am going to Brainerd again this weekend for a long weekend of racing. I am racing my 67 Charger but my brother decided to pull the cummins truck down and race it. He picked it up a few nights ago from me and did a couple upgrades. First off he got the Hot unlock for my edge juice with attitude which he said changed the tune a fair amount. The truck didnt smoke at all be for and now he said it rolls out some pretty good soot! He also said with this tune the throttle response is a lot more aggressive. He also put a new set of drag radials on it and went from 315-60-15 to a 325-50-15 so they are the same width but 1 1/2" shorter which it seemed like it needed more gear the last time I had it down there. Best pass last time was a 14.04 at 94 mph. Will the truck actually pick up and E.T. from the hot unlock? Results will be posted Tuesday://s1377.photobucket.com/user/matthewelhardt/media/11231035_10206558471858730_5840571806044085945_n_zpssoacssh8.jpg.html]
11231035_10206558471858730_5840571806044085945_n_zpssoacssh8.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
The unlock should help it some since it raises the defuel level. I never had my comp box unlocked when I was still runnin it, but a few guys around here that ran them said it was night and difference with the unlock. Just not sure how much of a difference it'll make with the smaller tires. I'm sure somebody with more drag racing knowledge will chime on that part

That's a sweet little truck. Got any pictures of the Charger? Sorry have nothing else to add I have a CR.

My hot unlock wasn't "night and day" but could tell a difference yes. I think it's needed especially with a larger charger than stock.

Muscle Car Shootout. I race a heads up class with the Charger. 500 c.i. naturally aspirated

://s1377.photobucket.com/user/matthewelhardt/media/showandgo2013_zps365165f4.jpg.html]
showandgo2013_zps365165f4.jpg
[/URL]

Wednesday was a street legal night. Not so much a test and tune. Full exhaust and street tires. My car fits into that but a lot of drag cars dont.

Last edited:
From the picture your car looks very clean, should be a lot of fun with that big block in it. Thanks for the pic.

Well the truck didnt pick anything up over the weekend. It did run good all weekend but the air was horrible. My car was running a little slower then normal so that probly had a lot to do with the diesel also. The best pass it ran was a 14.10 @ 94 with a 1.90 60' time. I think the truck might be starving for fuel. Not real sure but it just doesnt seem to pick up no matter what I do. My guess is maybe the lift pump is the limiting factor. The fuel pressure never goes below 9 p.s.i. . I did try strething the spring in the lift pump and it raised my fuel pressure to 24 p.s.i. from 19 but that also didnt seem to make any difference. Oh well it was fun and the tranny made it through another weekend. We had a ton of fun.

Back