Good luck in a bad luck way

BigDctd

Fuel her till she Blow!!
well after about 4 or 5 miles of driving the truck, i started getting a bad knock. i posted up here earlier about the noise, well after changing injectors, inspecting crank/rod bearing, and adjusting valves i still had this knock. so i pull the head, well #6 piston is beat to hell on the top (now im scared). so i start checking things not a scratch in the cylinder wall, no nicked valves, no busted tips, nothing i can find besides the top of the piston!

So wtf? i havent pulled the piston yet but if the rings were shot or a chunk of ring somehow made it to the top of the piston, wouldnt the cylinder be scratched to hell? Next, if somehow a little bolt or washer fell in the intake during the build, wouldnt i have hammered a valve?

im just trying to figure out what the hell sorry if this is to long of a post. ill get some pics up tomorrow of the piston. also im thinking the knock is the little pieces of melted **** on the top contacting the head? no dings in the head but you can tell that **** is hitting it slightly.

also all the cylinder walls can still see the cross hatch from the hone. so im not thinking piston rings? whats you ladies think??

Back