Good sources for twins hardware ? tips ?

me2

I want to set up twins on a Cummins 6.7. S475 "over" HE351VE.

What is a good source for piping, elbows, flanges, clamps, boots and oil lines ?

Would you make the cold pipes from steel or aluminum ?

Thanks

I have a Source Automotive 24v S400 mount if your interested. pm me

I had all source auto parts when I built my last set of twins, really good parts for a good price.

Racepartsolutions.com for piping. And the s475 would be on the bottom with the 351 "over" it.

Thanks for the tips.

Racepartsolutions.com for piping. And the s475 would be on the bottom with the 351 "over" it.

It can be and has been done both ways, thus my dislike of the term "over".

I'm still trying to figure out which way I'm going.

The question still remains, what material for what application ?

Should the hot pipe be steel or SS ?

Should the cold pipes be steel or aluminum ?

How does one deal with TIGing aluminized steel ?

Thanks a bunch.

You just grind off the coating first on the welding area. You can buy aluminized coating and brush it on after the welding has been done. Some will say just weld over it but it will "sugar" a bit with the coating. I'm guessing you talking about for the hot pipe?

Thanks a bunch.
Can you weld stainless or aluminum?

Thanks for the tips.

It can be and has been done both ways, thus my dislike of the term "over".

I'm still trying to figure out which way I'm going.

Are you saying mounting the s400 to the manifold then exhaust flowing through your smaller turbo or purely the location of the turbo in relationship to eachother. With that said the secondary turbo sees exhaust flow first and is the turbo used primarily in normal driving so it's all backwards!
I'm doing a 63 "over" 75 twin set up now so if I find any good places for parts I'll post them up for you. Good luck!

Pretty sure he's referring to the fact some kits/designs use a CR manifold leaving the HP in the stock location with the LP higher. Otherwise a 2nd gen manifold lift the secondary and the primary is tucked under.

Pretty sure he's referring to the fact some kits/designs use a CR manifold leaving the HP in the stock location with the LP higher. Otherwise a 2nd gen manifold lift the secondary and the primary is tucked under.

Right.

Other than the flange and flow differences, what is the difference between using a 6.7 manifold, a 3rd gen manifold and a 2nd gen manifold ? I assume its all about where the turbo is positioned or are they all roughly the same in that regard ?

Thanks

Right.

Other than the flange and flow differences, what is the difference between using a 6.7 manifold, a 3rd gen manifold and a 2nd gen manifold ? I assume its all about where the turbo is positioned or are they all roughly the same in that regard ?

Thanks

The second gen manifold is centered front to back and higher than the 3rd gens.

As far as pipe material, if you are worried about heat loss in the hot pipe, stainless may be the way to go, but wrapping or coating a "heavy" wall steel pipe may prove to work just as well. For the cold pipe, aluminum will absorb and release more heat than steel (to state the obvious). I don't think it will make much of a difference either way.

Last edited:

Thanks a bunch.

Let me ask you a question: have you ever used the search feature? Tons of info already out there

x2 on racepartsoultions, great people to talk to. but i did end up going with source auto for some of the more diesel specific stuff.
jon

Back