Good tire size for 18's on P Pumped truck w/3:55

dzlfarmboy

Supporting Vendor
Just curious what size tire some of you guys are running on a 18" rim with a truck capible of turning some rpms/p pump with a 3:55 rear.

Let's here some opinions from some guys with time slips to back them up good results.

Brett

You'll probably need at least 31" to get some mph. Depending on your mph at the end of the 1/4, maybe slightly larger. That's where we are somewhat limited right now. You can get a nice drag radial, like M&H up to about 28". With small tires like that, I'm pushing close to 5k rpm in my 6.0 and I know I'd tap my dodge close at 4k rpm.

So, that being said. I've run Toyo Proxes and Faulken Ziex on my trucks and both hook pretty similarly. I doubt I'll do much better than my current 1.5x with them though. That's the best I've done, but normally in the 1.6x range with an average prepped track in 4wd.

If anyone else has idea's, please let us know. I'm looking for race tires also for the 6.0L truck.

With 3.55s Brett I think you'll be fine with a variety of tire sizes. My 4.10s are a bit limiting but not that bad and I only have a 31.6" tire if memory serves (265/75/16). What's your hp estimate on the setup in question?

with the 3:55's you have some room . In the 18" wheel there are only 2 options that are a decent height , both are 305/45r18's ................ the first are nitto drag radials which have not proven to be very good from the guys i know running them , the secound is, MT ET streets II , which are what i run , the OD is 29.5 and they hook very well , I have gotten 1.56's out of them on a fairly low power truck ( 700 hp) . they are also what " Maxed Out " has chosen for there DOT drag radials .

Well right now there's some bald 325/60/18 on these wheels I picked up and I want something not as wide and prob a lil shorter. Was looking at some 285/60/18's possibly.

On power im not sure I was gonna dyno yesterday but the rain messed me up.

I made some passe's at Numidia and was only cutting 1.8 60' and going 12.90@103.

Truck wont go over 1200* so Im gonna up the fueling as soon as I get it on the rollers and see where it's at now and go from there. This pump has some room left, and the delivery valves are stock 181's.

I run a 285/65R18 on my 98 Brett...I've cut a 1.79 60' on Toyo Open Country A/T's air to 50psi front, 40psi rear...my best 60' ever with that stupid truck. It hates the dragstrip.

Chris

On a horrible Delmar track I have cut 1.74 60's with the toyo open country highway terrain tires. Brett, depending on how much fuel you plan to add I'd keep the tire as short as possible with 3.55s. Good luck!

I might try my stock set out next time I go, I cut some 1.65's when I had my 24v in it couple years ago with stock 265's, then maybe throws some low profile muds on these for some cool factor.

33 inch mud terrains, that way you wont spin if you go smaller like 31's I think you will spin off the line

Hey B, I have some mud tires for ya! Actually they came off those rims that came off my truck.............. make you a good deal on them. :evil!!

Hey B, I have some mud tires for ya! Actually they came off those rims that came off my truck.............. make you a good deal on them. :evil!!

Na I'd rather hear my twins singing then those loud a$$ graplers.

I have 285/65/18 grapler ats on my truck. They hook up pretty good with 650+hp

im running 325/65/18 nitto terra grapplers with a kmc hoss 18x9 with a 4 inch back spacing. it handle great and i cant hear the tires on the highway at all.

Back